CRT monitor radiation measurement project

hi im new here so hello fellas!

i'm using an old school 21 inch CRt monitor as those used in graphics industry around 6 years ago.

i was curious about how much radiation it was actually outputting.

there is an anti radiation screen in front of this with a grounding cord which goes into the ground of the electrical outlet.

i took a multimeter set it on AC 2 volts setting and it measured 300 millivolts.

now im curious if this is actually the electric radiation being measured or is this something else?

does this prove the anti radiation screen is necessary for CRT type monitor?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

one more question my 29 inch CRT TV has a 2 pronged plug and measured in the same way as above shows 40 volts... the cable box when turned on increases this 40 volts figure to around 100-200 volts fluctuating. when i touch the base of the cable box with one lead and the ground with another lead it read 90 volts.

it looks a little dangerous to me, but im not sure if im measuring the radiation or something else. i have 220 volts 50 hz power system here.

thanks.

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I'm looking for M.Tech level seminar on power system engineering. I'm currently a studen tof 1st year M.Tech (electrical engineering) student.
Rules are against it and still we find this real common in CE Instead of using the rating many post Thank you as a reply to a thread that really...
i am in final year engineering under Visvesvaraya Technological University ...... In 7th sem I had failed in elective subject and I heard that it will badly affect in getting...
good day everyone! I am an ECE student who's currently taking my thesis 1.. We found a journal titled "Imitation Control for Biped Robot Using Wearable Motion Sensor" in which...
i have written a code that should give me the ip addresses of all the devices connected in a wireless network.But it is just showing the ip address of the...