Creator Of T9 (Text Input Software For Mobile) passes away at 60.

Martin King, the co-creator of software that lets you type rapidly on your mobile phone while guessing your words, died last week after a long fight with cancer.

"It leaves a big hole in the Seattle tech community because Martin was known as a real innovator," said Bill Valenti, the former chief executive of Tegic (the company that owned the product). Tegic Communications was founded in 1995 by King and Cliff Kushler to commercialize the breakthrough mobile technology, with the Seattle company later selling to AOL for $350 million. It is now a part of #-Link-Snipped-#, with T9 deployed on an estimated four billion handsets.

Via: #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I always took the T9 for granted. Never thought it was a big innovation or that it was an integral part of a million dollar company..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Q1. How capaitor acts as a filter ?(reason behind its action) Q2. Why capacitors with high capacitance are used at power rails and the one with low capacitance at power...
CEans, Dileep joined CrazyEngineers on 6th August 2009. With over 500 posts, he’s one of the most active CEans on CrazyEngineers. A crazy electrical engineer, CEan Dileep has recently shown...
hi guys i am doing the experiment 'study of pll'-finding its lock range and capture range (free running frequency is 2.5khz) can anyone clearly explain me how to find fc1,fl2,fc2,fl1...
Iran's nuclear agency is trying to combat a complex computer worm that has affected industrial sites throughout the country and is capable of taking over power plants, Iranian media reports...
We are planning for a project, where we are combining the powers generated from solar panels and wind turbine and feeding it to the load through the grid. Power can...