Creating Installation Package

How we can create an installation package for a project of visual basic. That means if i have a VB project ready and i want to make an installation package for it so that it can run on another machine after installation.???????????? what can I do????? If anyone knows please answer........

Replies

• edesign
    edesign
    Hi nishcom

1) Have you built release of your project??
    then only it'll be compatible with other machines..

2) Do you mean creating set up by installation package??
    VB has one option for that but it's not so impressive..
    Rather go for any iss compiler..(one i know is inno setup compiler)

I hope it helped...

Regards
    Edesign
  • pradeep_agrawal
    pradeep_agrawal
    You can build installers for your project either by using open source tools like
    - Wix
    or by using licensed tools like
    - Microsoft Visual Studio 2005
    - InstallShield

Refer some of the below links for creating installers using above tools:
    1. Wix
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#

2. Microsoft Visual Studio
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#

3. InstallShield
    - #-Link-Snipped-#
    - #-Link-Snipped-#

I have used Wix and Visual Studio 2005. Wix is free and its good, so i recommend to use Wix.

-Pradeep

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Anyone tried ITIL v3 Certification or Implementation ? I am not sure if after a year of ITIL V3 where it is heading. Any ITIL experts on CE ?
hai crazy.
hello all I am an undergrad student (ECE) from Ahmedabad....I have my minor project on voice conversion....That is to convert words uttered by a source speaker as if it is...
😁 CEan - Raj87Verma88 😁 Yes! We had asked you to guess the ids/names of CEans who attend the First Ever CE Meet! The first CEan to guess all the...
I am new in this field. I am doing my 2nd year of undergraduation course in Electrical Engg. I ve to do a poster on "Modern Trends In Electrical Enggineering"...