Create shortcut on desktop using command prompt or C program

Is there any way of creating shortcut icon using command prompt or C ???

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Well yes tmp .vbs script is solution.

Check - superuser.com/questions/455364/how-to-create-a-shortcut-using-a-batch-script

PS : add http or www as prefix of link if it doesn't work.
  • grsalvi
    grsalvi
    If you are thinking of making a setUp file. Use winRar , and compress the ".exe" file to SFX.
    In SFX ,there is also an option where you can tell to add shortcut and the location it should be placed.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    I used Uharc to get .uha file...
    and then extracting .uha accordingly in a particular drive but it seems a little complicated..
    I got the shortcut using vbs but still, extracting .uha at the place where i want is a pain!! :/

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am having a free time waiting for my DOJ , I want to do something interesting and fun with computers, be it programming or designing but something different, It...
Hiiii to all CE Fans I got admissions from Deakin University and Central Quensland University ( Australia). I need all your suggestions and expectations about the future of these two...
I'm using nokia-c2 00.I wanted to transfer a videoby bluetooth from my laptop which was transferred to it from iphone.But my mobile is not supporting the same.Is there any way...
Hey guys I installed some game files like Black ops 2 and other recent games in my system and found this error flashing and saying that I have to reinstall...
Hello i am in the last sem of MCA.In this sem we only have one major project to do.Right now i am a bit confused on what to choose from...