Replies

• einstein89
    einstein89
    furkan_ims
    CRDI-IT STANDS FOR COMMON RAIL DIRECT INJECTION
    I M DOING MECHANICAL ENGG.-3rd YEAR
    I WANT TO KNOW HOW THIS SYSTEM WORKS
    COM-ON MECHEYS
    Common rail direct fuel injection is a modern variant of direct Fuel injection - Wikipedia system for Diesel engine - Wikipedia. It features a high-Pressure - Wikipedia (1000+ Bar (unit) - Wikipedia) Common rail - Wikipedia feeding individual Solenoid valve - Wikipedia, as opposed to low-pressure Fuel pump - Wikipedia feeding #-Link-Snipped-# or high-pressure fuel line to mechanical valves controlled by Cam - Wikipedia on the Camshaft - Wikipedia. Third generation common rail diesels now feature Piezoelectricity - Wikipedia injectors for even greater accuracy, with fuel pressures up to 180 MPa / 1800 bar, although a new version of Delphi’s proven diesel common rail system will allow compliance with Euro 6 and US Tier 2 Bin 5 without costly next-generation injection technologies.

working
    Solenoid or Piezoelectricity - Wikipedia valves make possible fine Electronic control unit - Wikipedia over the injection time and amount, and the higher pressure that the common rail technology makes available provides better fuel Atomization - Wikipedia. In order to lower engine Noise pollution - Wikipedia, the engine's Electronic control unit - Wikipedia can inject a small amount of diesel just before the main injection event ("pilot" injection), thus reducing its explosiveness and vibration, as well as optimising injection timing and quantity for variations in fuel quality, cold starting, and so on. Some advanced common rail fuel systems perform as many as five injections per stroke.
    Common rail engines require no heating up time, and produce lower engine noise and lower emissions than older systems.
    In older diesel engines, a distributor-type injection pump, regulated by the engine, supplies bursts of fuel to injectors which are simply nozzles through which the diesel is sprayed into the engine's combustion chamber. As the fuel is at low pressure and there cannot be precise control of fuel delivery, the spray is relatively coarse and the combustion process is relatively crude and inefficient.

In common rail systems, the distributor injection pump is eliminated. Instead an extremely high pressure pump stores a reservoir of fuel at high pressure—up to 2,000 bar (200 Pascal (unit) - Wikipedia)—in a "common rail", basically a tube which in turn branches off to computer-controlled injector valves, each of which contains a precision-machined nozzle and a plunger driven by a solenoid. Driven by a computer (which also controls the amount of fuel to the pump), the valves, rather than pump timing, control the precise moment when the fuel injection into the cylinder occurs and also allow the pressure at which the fuel is injected into the cylinders to be increased. As a result, the fuel that is injected atomises easily and burns cleanly, reducing exhaust emissions and increasing efficiency.
    Most European automakers have common rail diesels in their model lineups, even for commercial vehicles. Some Japanese manufacturers, such as Isuzu - Wikipedia, Toyota - Wikipedia, Nissan - Wikipedia and recently Honda - Wikipedia, have also developed common rail diesel engines. Some India - Wikipedia companies have also successfully implemented this technology, notably Mahindra & Mahindra for their 'Scorpio-CRDe' and Tata Motors for their 'Safari-DICOR'.

Yo mechie learn searching ability
  • einstein89
    einstein89
    for more information
    Common rail - Wikipedia
  • khooper
    khooper
    Modern diesels owe their resurgence in popularity to advances in fuel delivery and engine management systems that allow the engines to return power, performance and emissions equivalent to their gasoline counterparts, while simultaneously producing superior fuel economy.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I have a business website idea that is more complex than a simple e-commerce site. I am not a "computer person" so I have no idea where to start actually...
hi... i am crazy mechanical engineer... so since i am new here i would like to know about this site .... and i am a bit confused about the forum...
Hi everyone. I was watching a TV show and an advertisement got me thinking. The product in the ad was priced at $49.99. I wonder why the price was $49.99...
CEans, For those who are interested in learning the JavaScript from Yahoo's Douglas Crockford, check out following video lectures - Lecture#1: https://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111593 Lecture#2: https://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111594 Lecture#3: https://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111595 Lecture#4: https://video.yahoo.com/video/play?vid=111596 Have a...
CEans, PERL experts on CE, could you please suggest a good book on PERL programming? Thanks in advance, -The Big K-