CrazyEngineers Upgraded - What's New?

We performed a sitewide upgrade early this morning. The upgrade includes security, stability fixes and a new feature for everyone that removes the pain out of quoting messages in your replies.

Here's how it works -

Until now, if you wanted to quote a part of the message in your reply, you had the option of [Reply / +Quote aka multi-quote], at the bottom-right corner of every message. If you only wanted to quote a line or two from the message - you had to do a lot of manual deleting of unwanted text.

The new feature lets you select only the text you want to quote -

quote-reply

Select the text you want to quote in your reply and the system will show '+Quote (aka multi-quote) | Reply' options right there, next to the text you've selected. Just select
the option you want and you can quote or multiquote the selected part in your reply.

Give it a try in your responses below. ๐Ÿ˜€

Profile Posts Are No Longer Hidden: Profile posts and status updates now become a part of 'New Posts'.

Status Updates & Profile Posts Widget In Sidebar: You can now get access to various status updates and profile posts directly from the sidebar. You can comment on people's status updates and even update your own status directly from sidebar.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Select the text you want to quote
    See - I can quickly insert only the text I want to quote; and not the entire reply.

Unfortunately - this works only on discussions. Our news articles and comments are yet to get this facility. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    New Feature: Those who have the permissions to create new polls - can now add poll to any existing thread that they created. Earlier, you could not add a poll only at the time of creating a new discussion.
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The new feature lets you select only the text you want to quote -
    I love this feature. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Status Updates & Profile Posts Widget In Sidebar: You can now get access to various status updates and profile posts directly from the sidebar. You can comment on people's status updates and even update your own status directly from sidebar.
    Just tried quoting the post. The status updates in the sidebar are a surprise!
    A lot of CEans also seem to be not using this tab as much as they can -
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Select the text you want to quote in your reply and the system will show '+Quote (aka multi-quote) | Reply' options right there, next to the text you've selected. Just select
    the option you want and you can quote or multi quote the selected part in your reply
    Super Awesome !!
    I missed this feature since long.
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The new feature lets you select only the text you want to quote
    This is simply amazing feature. I hope its gets applicable soon to news articles and comments also.๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Few of the things aren't working as expected. We'll be fixing them over the weekend. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    awesome update. definitely a wanted one. thanks
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    Kaustubh Katdare
    select only the text you want to quote
    Love this Update.๐Ÿ‘

Kaustubh Katdare
    Status Updates
    I felt there should be an option to Collapse/Expand the Status Update Tab

'Online' Green Triangle will better be visible on the Right Corner of the image.
  • Vikram S Bargah
    Vikram S Bargah
    QUOTE="Vikram S Bargah, post: 326474, member: 168890"]'Online' Green Triangle will better be visible on the Right Corner of the image[/QUOTE]
    because its overlapping with the STAFF badge.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - There are several changes that we need to make. We're working on them and hope to be able to sort out all the issues by Sunday evening.
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Facebook Recommendations block also looks cool.
    1 question: Is it available only on 'recent activity' page?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Nice improvements. I like changes made in default avatar. Monochrome looks better than colored one.

Dhananjay Harkare
    Facebook Recommendations block also looks cool.
    That's basically weakest section of CE because it's been few months & the white font still haven't been replaced. What's the purpose of FB recommendation, If I can't even read the title of the article ๐Ÿ˜›
    snapshot14 โ€‹
  • Dhananjay Harkare
    Dhananjay Harkare
    Thank god, it's the same with all, I thought its not available due to my poor internet connection.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We are aware of the problem with the styling of the Facebook box. It'll be fixed in soon.
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Somehow Quote/ Reply is working for this post, and not working for any post on the CE Home page (VoiCE) articles.

I am sure it may not be intended, is it?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    Rajni Jain
    Somehow Quote/ Reply is working for this post, and not working for any post on the CE Home page (VoiCE) articles.

I am sure it may not be intended, is it?
    As mentioned by Biggie in one of the posts above, the quote system is introduced only for normal discussions, not VoiCE as of now.
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    When we scroll the page to the bottom, there is a small button like link which bring us to the top, is not showing now a days.. Is it disabled or is it a settings problem in my browser??
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    shiwa436
    When we scroll the page to the bottom, there is a small button like link which bring us to the top, is not showing now a days.. Is it disabled or is it a settings problem in my browser??
    Good observation! Yeah, it's been disabled because of some of the issues we're still addressing. We hope to be able to release the updated look today - if everything goes right in our local testing.
  • shiwa436
    shiwa436
    OMG.... Biggies answered me..

Feeling excieted...!!
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you only wanted to quote a line or two from the message - you had to do a lot of manual deleting of unwanted text.
    I know Maharashtra has a lot of astrologers (and Narlikars to debunk them). How did you know that is what I do all the time?
    In my excitement I selected the quote+ twice . What was nice was that I was given an option to remove one quote subsequently.

Kudos to K and team.

As the Tamil roadside magicians say,'All small boys clap their hands' (what is unsaid being 'all older ones dip their hands into their pockets to fork out'.
  • Akanksha Gupta
    Akanksha Gupta
    good we are going with the flow of new technologies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

C42Engineering is startup venture co-founded by Sidu Ponnappa, Aakash Dharmadhikari and Niranjan Paranjape in the year 2010. Sidu got his engineering degree in Computer Science from Visvesvaraya Technological University (VTU)...
Intex Mobiles has launched a new Android 4.2.2 running smartphone named "Intex Aqua 4X" that features a 4-inch WVGA capacitive touchscreen with a 800 x 480 pixel resolution display and...
Hi sir i m extc student i want know is there demand for telecom n wat i have to prepare for better job (courses ,languges) N wat the demand for...
The Xiaomi Redmi 1s smartphone's rear camera is 8 megapixels and the front camera is 1.3 megapixels. Additionally, it offers the following camera features: LED Flash, Autofocus, Geo-tagging, HDR photo...
Another new Android phone under Rs. 10,000 in India is here from Celkon Mobiles called the 'Celkon Millenium Ultra Q500'. Running on the latest version of Android the 4.4 KitKat...