CrazyEngineers Upgraded: What's New?

Howdy CEans!

We've upgraded CrazyEngineers to make it more stable, secure and have added a few new features. This post gives you a quick overview of what's new in the upgraded CrazyEngineers -

1. New Text Editor Options

CrazyEngineers addicts might have noticed that the editor has been slightly changed. Few of the options have been clubbed and there's a tiny new addition to it that you'll definitely enjoy. Take a look:

new-editor-options-crazyengineers

We now have a 'Spoiler' option. Spoiler is a great way to hide text from users and only make it reveal when they click on a button. For example:

Spoiler: Click Me Not

Clicking again on the button will hide the message. Great for answers to quiz questions ๐Ÿ˜€

2. Multi-Quote Awesomified

Multi-quote facility has been added that lets each one of you quote multiple messages; and even rearrange them in your reply by just dragging and dropping. You all can try it out in this thread itself.
  1. Click on 'Quote+' link below all the messages you wish to quote in your reply.
  2. A new button "Insert Quotes" will appear just below the post editor box.
  3. Click on that button to open a pop-up that shows all the messages you want to quote.
  4. If you want to re-arrange their order; just move them with mouse cursor ๐Ÿ˜€
insert-quotes
3. @Tagging works on your respective user profile walls. So tag anyone.

4. Login With Google+, Twitter & Facebook: We'll soon be supporting login via Google+ & Twitter accounts. Will update here once it's rolled. Now Live ๐Ÿ‘

Signing up and logging in to CrazyEngineers has become 10x easier with our social networking integration. Existing users who want to take advantage of this facility can associate their current account with the service of their choice by visiting: #-Link-Snipped-#

For Moderators: -

Life becomes easier through:
  • Having a history of all the previous actions performed by other moderators
  • We can now move any post directly into any existing discussion
  • Posts can be copied to new discussion or into any existing discussion
  • We'll now be able to warn users with more control
We hope you will enjoy the latest CrazyEngineers. Your feedback, questions, doubts is all welcome.

Replies

• Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    • We can now move any post directly into any existing discussion
    This is SO Useful. Needed this all the time.

Spoiler: Spoiler Alert Test
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    As always, if you encounter any error messages or something's not working as it should, please report it in this discussion.
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Spoiler: Spoiler!
  • ISHAN TOPRE
    ISHAN TOPRE
    Spoiler: Spoiler
  • Yogesh Borkar
    Yogesh Borkar
    Features like Spoiler, Multi-quote & Tagging in Upgraded CE version are really unique & awesome.
    SUPERLIKE!
  • Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Sarathkumar Chandrasekaran
    Spoiler and multi quote is simply superb.Great to see such roll outs from CE
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First post has been updated with Social Networking Integration related information (Point #4). Please check it out and let us know if it's working as intended.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    First post has been updated with Social Networking Integration related information (Point #4). Please check it out and let us know if it's working as intended.
    I have integrated Twitter & Google+. Twitter works as intended. Google+ doesn't.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    I have integrated Twitter & Google+. Twitter works as intended. Google+ doesn't.
    What issues did you face with Google+?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    What issues did you face with Google+?
    It works now. Maybe using Tor network creates problem.

Two bug noticed (not related to social integration tho, i guess) :
    1) When i click on G+ icon below (under share this page) It doesn't pops G+ as it used to before.
    2) The slides on main page (Home) doesn't change automatically. When I click on next arrow button, it does change but reverts back to first page after few milli second.
    Should I create video & show you ?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    There's a JS issue which needs a fix before we can re-enable auto-rotation of the front page slides.

G+ worked fine for me. Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Issue
    Spoiler: Spoiler
    Spoiler is useful when you want to hide some content and show it to only those who want it. For example, if you've posted a quiz question; you can hide the answer with a spoiler so that people don't see the answer accidentally.

Can have various innovative uses.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Spoiler is the best part which you've added...

Others are good too..
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    I did not like this layout new, the old layout was much better and giving sneak peak to more number of threads at one go.

Now, we are hardly able to see 2-3 threads without scrolling... ๐Ÿ˜”

NOTE: not able to post image due to access rights... so directly copy pasting it...
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-# #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    1. #-Link-Snipped-#
      10 Things To Do On CrazyEngineers Community
      #-Link-Snipped-#, 10 Things To Do On CrazyEngineers Community

Replies:
      Views:
      #-Link-Snipped-#
      #-Link-Snipped-#
    2. #-Link-Snipped-#
      CrazyEngineers Upgraded: What's New?
      #-Link-Snipped-#, CrazyEngineers Upgraded: What's New?

Replies:
      Views:
      #-Link-Snipped-#
      #-Link-Snipped-#
    3. #-Link-Snipped-#
      Invite Your Friends To Check Out CrazyEngineers!
      #-Link-Snipped-#, Invite Your Friends To Check Out CrazyEngineers! ... #-Link-Snipped-#

Replies:
      Views:
      #-Link-Snipped-#
      #-Link-Snipped-#
    4. #-Link-Snipped-#
      CrazyEngineers Adopts New Logo!
      #-Link-Snipped-#, CrazyEngineers Adopts New Logo!

Replies:
      Views:
      #-Link-Snipped-#
      #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - We made absolutely *NO* changes to the layout of the site. Apart from what's mentioned in the first post; all the changes are for the better management of the site; and are available only to the admin and mods.

Could you grab a screenshot and post it in the Cafe section?
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I think that Rajni is facing an Internet connection issue. That's how the site might load if you are on a very slow connection.
  • [Prototype]
    [Prototype]
    Same thing is happening to me too. Tried clearing my cache but it didn't worked.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Found similar problem in Chromium. But, In Firefox it is all good.

Chromium:
    [โ€‹IMG]

Firefox 30:
    [โ€‹IMG]

Cleared cache in Chromium, same result obtained.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Same results on mobile. ..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Okay, I'm assuming you were not logged in when the CSS-less layout appeared. It's a cache problem. I should have been sorted by now.

Please confirm.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    I am having the same issue as #-Link-Snipped-#!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just made a quick change that should fix this issue. Can you all please confirm?
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Yeah, works like a charm now.....๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I should have been clearer in my earlier response. Chromium failed to load CSS properly because of the caching mechanism enabled on CE for visitors. The logged in members always get all the up to date information; however the visitors are presented with all the pages from cache. It has nothing to do with your browser cache. Sorry for the confusion.

We do this because under traffic spikes (several hundred users hitting the site or any article in a span of few seconds makes the server eat up all the resources available and caching helps curb that problem to a large extent.

Typically the things work all fine; but the latest upgrade might have caused issues. I'll look into the problem.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The problem is back and again that earlier reported distorted UI issue is observed.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    The problem is back and again that earlier reported distorted UI issue is observed.
    That's strange. Do you see this only on Firefox? Have you tried clearing your local cache?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - could you try once again with the same setup that earlier resulted into the issue?
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    #-Link-Snipped-# - Problem resolved without clearing cache.
    I have a strong feeling that its not the cache that's causing the issue.

Meanwhile, I faced the issue on Windows 7 + FF as well as on Mobile browser on Galaxy S2.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    It's a caching issue on CE's server.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Can you all test once again and update this thread? Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# , #-Link-Snipped-# .

Important: If you encounter a CSS-less page like before; please right click on the page -> View Page Source -> Copy the content of the source page and mail it to me on admin [at] crazyengineers [dot] com.

It'll help tracking what's really going wrong. I'm unable to reproduce the bug here.

Note: The bug is likely to occur when you are logged out of CrazyEngineers.
  • Pensu
    Pensu
    Cant reproduce it either. Working absolutely fine now. Logged out and logged in again, no issues what-so-ever! ๐Ÿ‘
  • Rajni Jain
    Rajni Jain
    Works well for me as well...
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Works well for me too.
    However, I have noticed that even though you've tagged me in the post above, I didn't get notification saying 'Kaustubh Katdare has tagged you in xyz post' like it use to appear. It only says 'Kaustubh Katdare posted in this thread'. A bug ? Probably.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Works well for me too.
    However, I have noticed that even though you've tagged me in the post above, I didn't get notification saying 'Kaustubh Katdare has tagged you in xyz post' like it use to appear. It only says 'Kaustubh Katdare posted in this thread'. A bug ? Probably.
    Very strange. I'll have to test things again. Thank you for notifying. I think we've had a few issues with the tagging system lately.

Just to be sure - do your alert preferences allow notified on being tagged?
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Just to be sure - do your alert preferences allow notified on being tagged?
    Checked. Yep, it is marked; so I should receive alert when tagged, I guess.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    My mistake! Totally forgot that the system is smart ๐Ÿ˜ to avoid duplicate alerts. Since you are already subscribed to this thread or forum and have opted to receive alerts; the system will only send ONE alert for all the similar actions. Since the subscription alert has higher priority; the system sent you an alert for updated discussion.

Because both the alerts would lead you to the same destination. We do this to avoid duplication of alerts.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Gotcha ๐Ÿ‘
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I request CEans to visit random member profiles and see if they are seeing the profiles just as normal. If anything looks out of place; simply capture the page source and send it to me.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Nice tweak ๐Ÿ‘
    [โ€‹IMG]
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# Nice tweak ๐Ÿ‘
    For those who've integrated their Google+ accounts with CE.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Kaustubh Katdare
    For those who've integrated their Google+ accounts with CE.
    Obvious thing Common-sense.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Phew! I thought it was just me whose Google search results were appearing all different of late. Came to know that the search giant is experimenting with the way it...
Opera has released the new Opera Mini 8 Browser for all the basic phones or Blackberry OS running smartphones. With a refreshing look and a bunch of new features, Opera...
London Centre for Nanotechnology (LCN) researchers in their study with peers from Cambridge and Oxford have observed that thin films of spin ice reveal astounding properties that could aid in...
Nikon Corporation has proudly announced the launch of their new advanced camera with Nikon 1 V3 that features interchangeable lenses. Along with that, the company has also released a new...
During latest Ubuntu Developer Summit (UDS), Mark Shuttleworth announced that Mir display server & migration of upstart init system to systemd will happen along the road to 16.04 LTS and...