CrazyEngineers Home Gets An Upgrade

CEans,

Our eagle eyed members already caught us during our beta testing phase and it's now official. CrazyEngineers Home [ CrazyEngineers ] and sub-sections have been upgraded to offer a uniform look all over the site.

What's Changed?

Throughout our history, CrazyEngineers Home maintained its own distinct look that separated it from our community ( /community/ ). Now CrazyEngineers Home adopts to look of the community and adds several features. Let us quickly give you an overview of what's new in our upgraded home -
  • Login On Home Page: You may now login directly from home page. This feature has been requested several times by our members. Finally, it's here!
  • Total Integration: Get your Alerts, Profile, Inbox updates even when you are browsing #-Link-Snipped-# posts or #-Link-Snipped-#.
  • Google Search: Google search has now been integrated with the site and lets you search VoiCE Posts, Small Talks, Member Profiles, Threads, Posts etc. Earlier, Forum search was limited only to forum posts and threads. Not its Pan-CE!
  • Better Related Posts In VoiCE: Every VoiCE post now shows you relevant posts along with thumbnails. VoiCE posts adopt the font we have on the forum which is designed to be easier on eyes!
  • Disqus Comments: Since we've kept our blog open to non-members as well for comments, we've adopted industry's leading Disqus comments system on VoiCE posts.
  • Social Sharing Is Better: Plus each post now shows better looking social networking icons. We encourage you to share all our VoiCE posts with your friend network.
Why It's Changed?
In simple words, CE's getting ready for the 'Next'! We informed you that 2012 is going to be an year of activity and updates to CE and it is extremely important that we offer a uniform look to all our visitors throughout the site. It will also help us create a path for our upcoming updates.
So roam around various places in your new, upgraded home. We're 100% sure you will like it.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wouldn't it be nice if all of you post your responses here? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ambarish Ganesh
    Ambarish Ganesh
    I liked the first look better, but as you said, this may be better for the bigger picture you have in mind! Google Search and Better Related Posts In VoiCE are the two things I really like. ๐Ÿ‘
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    You know when i saw announcement i though it's dedicated to me. ๐Ÿ˜‰ ๐Ÿ˜›

superb job Admin! :hats-off: to you.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The earlier look was more 'white', 'black' & 'red'; while the new look adopts the feel of our community. Plus, it was very difficult to integrate it the community and offer alerts, login and other features to users who were reading VoiCE.

That said; based on my past experience people will start loving the new look as soon as they get used to it. Oh yes, we've a lot to come in the coming days.

By the way, integrating two entirely different systems was heck of a job. I've hardly slept in the last 2 weeks. ๐Ÿ˜ฒ
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Nice! When it said my name and greeted, I was kinda "awesome"ized! ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Honeymoon's over guys. We're back to our old setup. Just discovered few critical issues with the system and unless we're 100% confident about our launch, we'll stick to our old system.
    The_Big_K
    Honeymoon's over guys. We're back to our old setup. Just discovered few critical issues with the system and unless we're 100% confident about our launch, we'll stick to our old system.
    Ah! What were the issues???
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Ah! What were the issues???
    1. Security 2. Markup 3. Structure related issues. Can't get into details.
    The_Big_K
    1. Security 2. Markup 3. Structure related issues. Can't get into details.
    Let me know if I can help you out... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Praveen-Kumar
    Let me know if I can help you out... ๐Ÿ˜€
    Will do.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Praveen-Kumar
    Nice! When it said my name and greeted, I was kinda "awesome"ized! ๐Ÿ˜€
    Looks like I missed it! ๐Ÿ˜”
    Did anyone save the snapshot? ๐Ÿ˜
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Correction: Has anyone saved the snapshot?

PS: I can't edit my post. It's less than 5minutes now. I should be allowed to edit the post right?
    Dancer_Engineer
    Correction: Has anyone saved the snapshot?

PS: I can't edit my post. It's less than 5minutes now. I should be allowed to edit the post right?
    You can't edit your posts in announcement section... ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The integrated version will be back soon. Until then, everyone can keep snapshots of CE's homepage ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

As we all know that Create The Future Contest is up, GF and me are looking for working in team. We have a couple of concepts and would like to...
hello I have been working on microcontrollers pic avr on assembly and c language. I have been in electronics since 1992. I have 22 years experience in analog and embedded...
Hey CEans, I want to write a java (spring controller) where i can receive callback url sent by facebook whenever a user de-authorizes my app. I have specified the correct...
Name: b suresh kumar *Engineering Trade: cse Location: hyd *Occupation: hardware engg Work Experience: -- *Hobbies & Interests: playing pc games *Aim in life: -- *I joined CrazyEngineers because: --
I need video tutorials for Hardware and Networking.and various types of module for it. Thank u.๐Ÿ˜Ž