crazy self CREATIONS..!!!!

lets discuss together and create or atleast get some ideas to create some crazy innovative stuff..!!!! 😨 this would be a great social group task..! contribute..!!!!

Replies

• KZ 259
    KZ 259
    how about the fantasy classic "time machine" ? if the time machine ever does become a reality, it will be done by engineers so lets get a start on it ; - )
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Well, we need something concrete to build upon. I doubt Time Machine will ever be created because if we'd ever create it; I'd definitely come back in time to visit myself. But I haven't met me yet, so ... πŸ˜’
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    Anyone up for this?! 😍
    523890_306996442713337_149902178422765_694705_334450908_n
  • KZ 259
    KZ 259
    ^^ that is never going to happen haha
  • KZ 259
    KZ 259
    The_Big_K
    Well, we need something concrete to build upon. I doubt Time Machine will ever be created because if we'd ever create it; I'd definitely come back in time to visit myself. But I haven't met me yet, so ... πŸ˜’
    well, i don't know much about what is involved in inventing the time machine, but i know it is everyones dream invention. and of course, the first company to invent it will become instant trillionaires and be remembered for centuries. i can personally say that if i had 3 wishes, one of them will go to the invention of a time machine : - )
  • akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    i think its virtually impossible to time travel,because of time paradox!!!!!
  • akash.kasina
    akash.kasina
    how about creating a type of go greener technology,we can save our planet from pollutionπŸ˜€
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Dancer_Engineer
    Anyone up for this?! 😍
    523890_306996442713337_149902178422765_694705_334450908_n
    Now you can. 3 D food printers are already available. You can download and print the food.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Consider someone watching us right now from proxima Centauri. He will be seeing (right now) what happenned four and a quarter years back. However, he cannot act on it because any action initiated will reach the earth after another four and a quarter years. A net lag of about eight and a half years. This is because simultaneity is an anamoly in relativity because of the speed of light being fixed.
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    bioramani
    Now you can. 3 D food printers are already available. You can download and print the food.
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Pardon my ignorance, but I did not understand how are the cartridges filled with the required ingredients?
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    thanks to the idea of this discussion.......but lets use it for the things that we can really do not jst talk.....
    i think that the invention of time mission is almost impossible for now..........of course i agree that every invention was thought to be impossible at first........
    so guys lets come up with all your crazy ideas which will definetly take a shape not just imaginations........πŸ‘
    and sorry if i hurt anyone...........πŸ˜”
  • Leon Dnj
    Leon Dnj
    Can we try to make electricity by sound so much sound pollution and we will get much electricity.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Leon Dnj
    Can we try to make electricity by sound so much sound pollution and we will get much electricity.
    theoritical experiments are there for this...heat is convereted to sound and then to electricity.......
    take a look at these..........
    Sonoluminescence
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    can we generate electricity from humidity?
  • cagri_90
    cagri_90
    I have read an article about time travelling which indicates that it can be possible in 2050 by going back. but it is just a guess.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    cagri_90
    I have read an article about time travelling which indicates that it can be possible in 2050 by going back. but it is just a guess.
    i dont know about going back...bt it is possible to go to future if we invent a train that travels completly around the whole earth atleast 6 tymes per sec........that is to travel with more thanthe spee of light..............
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Leon Dnj
    A study reported in the journal New Scientist taht the total sound energy out put of a full professor in engineering for a whole year when converted to electricity was worth about ten cents.

Not worth the effort.
  • Leon Dnj
    Leon Dnj
    An object which has mass can not run as the light so i think it will be a tough job to make time machine...
  • Leon Dnj
    Leon Dnj
    gwendollen
    theoritical experiments are there for this...heat is convereted to sound and then to electricity.......
    take a look at these..........
    Sonoluminescence
    But from my point of view the theoretical experiments is not quite enough to give finish touch...
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Leon Dnj
    But from my point of view the theoretical experiments is not quite enough to give finish touch...
    yup you are right......but we some need some theoritical analysis to step into practical work and to finish it up.........right!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜‰
    if we come to the actual topic not only theoritical but also there are certain succesful experiments done which generated the electricity from sound......
    but unfortunately not all sounds are suitable for this.......and research is going on.....
    for details check out this page
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is suitable only for very low power applications. It will not be suitable for any bulk use of power. Just think in reverse One can get an ear splitting noise from just a few watts output from an audio system. What I am getting at is that one needs a huge volume of sound to generate a modest power. If one can consider a laser like sound beam, then a suitable piezo electric device may be able to harvest it more effectively. Normal ambient sounds are not of much use.
    Sound Power
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    bioramani
    It is suitable only for very low power applications. It will not be suitable for any bulk use of power. Just think in reverse One can get an ear splitting noise from just a few watts output from an audio system. What I am getting at is that one needs a huge volume of sound to generate a modest power. If one can consider a laser like sound beam, then a suitable piezo electric device may be able to harvest it more effectively. Normal ambient sounds are not of much use.
    Sound Power
    ya the method i above said is just used for mobile,laptop charging etc like small uses.........
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    gwendollen
    ya the method i above said is just used for mobile,laptop charging etc like small uses.........
    actualy now i got one doubt...............we can convert sound energy to electrical energy through microphones.........then y all this??????????
  • Nandakumark
    Nandakumark
    how abt an alternate energy resources which doesn't harm the environment.....................
    like nano-solar technology and so onπŸ˜€
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Nandakumark
    how abt an alternate energy resources which doesn't harm the environment.....................
    like nano-solar technology and so onπŸ˜€
    Can you brief me about nano-solar technology
  • Nandakumark
    Nandakumark
    #-Link-Snipped-# yeah sound to electricity conversion is good idea to get electricity but it has some practical difficulties na by designing this kind of things with nano-technology it may be possible to get expected power from the soundπŸ‘
  • Nandakumark
    Nandakumark
    aarthivg
    Can you brief me about nano-solar technology
    yeah sure me too know few abt this oly upto that i'm telling k
    first of all solar technology is one to get electricity from sun's radiation of heat
    sun produces enormous amount of heat energy we utilize it by solar technology but by this technology we can get low power(in MW) oly inorder to get required GW from it we r moving to nano-solar technology
    In nano-solar technology, graphene is implemented to get required power
    A most disadvantage in this high cost effiecient one
    in future we can fully utilize the use of nano solar technology with reduceable cost researches r going on that to reduce the cost of it

to know more about this browse the below pages
    1.#-Link-Snipped-#
    2.#-Link-Snipped-#
    3.#-Link-Snipped-#
    4.#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Leon Dnj
    Leon Dnj
    gwendollen
    yup you are right......but we some need some theoritical analysis to step into practical work and to finish it up.........right!!!!!!!!!!πŸ˜‰
    if we come to the actual topic not only theoritical but also there are certain succesful experiments done which generated the electricity from sound......
    but unfortunately not all sounds are suitable for this.......and research is going on.....
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    gwendollen
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    I think the govt. should enrich the science academy so that we can get chance for research. We deserve more opportunity don't we?....
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    Leon Dnj
    I think the govt. should enrich the science academy so that we can get chance for research. We deserve more opportunity don't we?....
    Its better to start a debate about it. Government does lot of initiatives which is not under the light.
  • Leon Dnj
    Leon Dnj
    aarthivg
    Its better to start a debate about it. Government does lot of initiatives which is not under the light.
    Are you from Bangladesh?
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    Leon Dnj
    yup we deserve it.........but it is not that we wait for the govt.to give us an oppurtunity......i believe in creating one's own oppurtunity...........
    dnt mind bcoz i have less faith in our govt and more belief in me.........
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    gwendollen
    actualy now i got one doubt...............we can convert sound energy to electrical energy through microphones.........then y all this??????????
    Why indeed? The amount of energy depends on the sound flux in watts/sq.cm. The larger the area of the interceptor greater the collected power. A moving coil loud speaker can do a better job than a microphone. Larger the dia of the speaker the better.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    bioramani
    Why indeed? The amount of energy depends on the sound flux in watts/sq.cm. The larger the area of the interceptor greater the collected power. A moving coil loud speaker can do a better job than a microphone. Larger the dia of the speaker the better.
    then i think it is not beneficial for us to convert the sound(i.e,due to pollution) to power........
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    gwendollen
    then i think it is not beneficial for us to convert the sound(i.e,due to pollution) to power........
    That is my feeling too.
  • sudha madhuri
    sudha madhuri
    Creating electricity from sound or noise is really good idea. Because if it become real then the street lights will work on that power and if noise is there then only they will glow and it is really useful for today's traffic and another application is in colleges and schools , in those areas the teachers will encourage students to do noise for power saving πŸ˜‰ and many.... If we use powerful microphones to capture the small signals whose amplitude may be around 5 -10 mv then the signal may be amplified to 10 or 12 v using op-amp. Then we have to use regulators , amplifiers , power amplifiers to rise this voltage to 230 v πŸ˜”. I think it is some what difficult but surely becomes possible.
  • sudha madhuri
    sudha madhuri
    Another crazy idea of me is to interface general book and social network like facebook. In detail a book will be there and in that book the first page is having email password and some identification like a finger print. Different types of books will be there based on the requirement of user. If user have 500 friends then 500 pages book will be there ... Then every individual page in that book is having information about friends i,e. profiles( one page for one friend). It becomes very easy to chat and the chat system will also be just like a mind reader( No need of typing or writing).
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    sudha madhuri
    Creating electricity from sound or noise is really good idea. Because if it become real then the street lights will work on that power and if noise is there then only they will glow and it is really useful for today's traffic and another application is in colleges and schools , in those areas the teachers will encourage students to do noise for power saving πŸ˜‰ and many.... If we use powerful microphones to capture the small signals whose amplitude may be around 5 -10 mv then the signal may be amplified to 10 or 12 v using op-amp. Then we have to use regulators , amplifiers , power amplifiers to rise this voltage to 230 v πŸ˜”. I think it is some what difficult but surely becomes possible.
    If an order of magnitude calculation is done it will be known that this is a non starter.
  • chithrachennai
    chithrachennai
    automatic make up machine (portable ) lol 😍
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    chithrachennai
    automatic make up machine (portable ) lol 😍
    😁
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    sudha madhuri
    Why we wanna create electricity from sound/noise signals, when we are already using Natural resource "Sun" as for solar energy .... yeah the cells are bit costly .. but in recent years cost has dropped a lot.

Plus, Production of electricity using noise/sound signals will increase noise pollution ....
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    Leon Dnj
    An object which has mass can not run as the light so i think it will be a tough job to make time machine...
    An object with mass can move with the speed of light or even more !
    Where ?? In Black hole !
    Black-hole has escape velocity (ve) greater than speed of light (theoretically)
    So if by some case we get trapped in black-hole we will be moving more than speed of light, so mass will be converted into energy ... In short, its possible.
    I am getting into quantum mechanics now , pardon me !😯
  • yorha 2b
    yorha 2b
    How about Flying car ??
    I saw many in google .. but they are more like chopper ...
    How about small, 2 seaters , cute & affordable ?? 😍
    I have always dreamt of it ......
    I am living on last floor of 250 storey skyscraper & I land my Flying car directly on terrace !!

[​IMG]
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Like Chitti Chitti Bang, Bang!

• sudha madhuri
    sudha madhuri
    BetterThanBefore
    Why we wanna create electricity from sound/noise signals, when we are already using Natural resource "Sun" as for solar energy .... yeah the cells are bit costly .. but in recent years cost has dropped a lot.

Plus, Production of electricity using noise/sound signals will increase noise pollution ....
    Sir you are absolutely correct. Producing electricity from noise or sound is of not effective. The sun based electricity production is also there . But we are still strugggling with lack of electricity.On a cloudy day we may not have that much of effective solar energy but sound will be generated everywhere and on any day. Hence I think it is better to produce elctricity from the available sound. My idea is atleast to develope a circuit that can charge the laptop whle listening to songs , run the bulbs in railway stations and bus stops and highways which will definately crouded .

Thanking you sir
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    It is important for an engineer to an order of magnitude calculation. We are always quantitative. The available sound has negligible realisable power. Unlike emf waves, sound waves are compression rarefaction waves. You need very large area collectors to get even tiny power out. If you are listening to songs from the lap top, how much of that speaker output do you think that you can recover? It just would not recharge the laptop. It will amount to a perpetual motion machine.
    I agree with you that sound is energy but very very low level energy. Not worth the cost of recovery.
  • sudha madhuri
    sudha madhuri
    bioramani
    It is important for an engineer to an order of magnitude calculation. We are always quantitative. The available sound has negligible realisable power. Unlike emf waves, sound waves are compression rarefaction waves. You need very large area collectors to get even tiny power out. If you are listening to songs from the lap top, how much of that speaker output do you think that you can recover? It just would not recharge the laptop. It will amount to a perpetual motion machine.
    I agree with you that sound is energy but very very low level energy. Not worth the cost of recovery.
    Thank you so much for your valuable response sir. I know that it is highly impossible. But it is one of my crazy idea sir.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Nothing wrong with having crazy ideas. We should dream. With our heads in the clouds. At the same time we should have our feet firmly on the ground so that we try to actualize our dreams.
    I am sure that you know that a moving coil loud speaker can be used as a microphone. You can check it by connecting a sensitive meter to the terminals of the speaker and pointing the speaker at a source of sound. You will get an ac voltage at the terminals. You can see this much better with an oscilloscope.

Alternatively you can connect the terminals to the input jack of any audiosystem. If you speak into the speaker (It is a listener now) you can hear your voice coming from the audiosystem. If you connect a large number of speakers in a suitable series parallel configuration you can harvest the sound energy. If one can collect discarded speakers, a low cost system may even be possible. It may noe be commercially viable.
    Who knows? If a thin film piezo electric heet can be produced with nano technology, it may even become commercial.
  • k.roja kumari
    k.roja kumari
    Nice idea if u have any help plz contact me
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Looks like some one has come up with such a speaker!
    #-Link-Snipped-#
  • aarthivg
    aarthivg
    sudha madhuri
    My idea is atleast to develope a circuit that can charge the laptop
    We can charge the laptop, using our own body heat. Have read an article about it.
    Source: Sorry I forgotπŸ˜”
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Again, please do an order of magnitude calculation. An large adult human has a surface area of 2 sq.mtr. at 35 C skin temperature. Sometimes the ambient is higher than that in India. How do you propose to harvest that heat? You need a heat sink at a lower temperature than 35 C.
    Very difficult proposition.
  • ekta solanki
    ekta solanki
    i guess its possible to invent a time machine.... Simply by finding worm hole.... Bt dats a difficult task...
  • sudha madhuri
    sudha madhuri
    I want a pen that can give a beep when we wrote a wrong spelling πŸ˜€.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    sudha madhuri
    I want a pen that can give a beep when we wrote a wrong spelling πŸ˜€.
    i dnt know if it is right or not.....but my idea is we know about spell checkers....
    and we also know about the pens that bears various softwares.......
    so if we dump the spell checking software into such a pen we can check the spelling.......
    if it goes wrong we set an arrangement so that beep sound occurs.....
    but it cannot be used anywhere...so i think its betr if its just a warning red light than a beep sound...
    its just my idea.....πŸ˜‰
    see if u can any leads by this.....πŸ‘
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    ekta solanki
    i guess its possible to invent a time machine.... Simply by finding worm hole.... Bt dats a difficult task...
    The true time machine does not travel in space. It travels in time. Worm holes are for bypassing the speed of light in space travel.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The Department of Biotechnology, G O I, is quie aggesssive in trying to promote all aspects of biotechnology with social relevance. It supports and encourages industry - research Institute collaboration....
hi everyone.. i am planning to do a paper presentation on vehicular telematics. is this topic good enough and suitable? kindly suggest some ideas and help to go ahead with...
hey em Ashish a power engineering student from capital of india Name: Ashish *Engineering Trade: power engineering (mechanical specialization) Location: New Delhi *Occupation: Student Work Experience: (if applicable) *Hobbies &...
The question is : "if you were shrunk to a size of a pencil and locked in a blender jar, and facing the threat of the blender being started any...
So can anyone prove , what i stated in the title ?