crazy ME of the year...

If we ever gave an award to someone whom embodies the philosophy of CE, this man would get my vote. I've never met or talked to him, however his work over the years has inspired me more than anyone else during recent times, Prof. Luigi Colani. it if are not familiar with his work, here is one website:
#-Link-Snipped-#

his focus is on organic forms whether it's furniture, buildings, fast cars or trucks( his tractor-trailer design is amazing!)

Do others share admiration for his work? What are your thoughts on his designs?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Wow, thanks for the post! I'll try to have him in our Small Talk!
  • gohm
    gohm
    That would be an amazing Small Talk!
  • gohm
    gohm
    For the world's fastest Corvette, he re-designed the body with adjustable mini-wings and modified the blower system to sit tandem to the engine to reduce drag. The tractor trailer design allows for greater speed and fuel efficiency while allowing a better view for the driver & increased handling capability.
  • Lock-Os
    Lock-Os
    Wow, he sure has a lot of very good designs. I never heard of him until now though. Odd.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Wow.. 5 decades of work. Love his concept designs!

Turbine motorcycle in 1947.. at the age of 19? *grin*
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    ...and I was learning to ride the motorcycle at the age of 19 :neutral:

Very inspiring!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Quite impressive.
  • gohm
    gohm
    He would be entertaining to chat with. Very eccentric and thinks why beyond the box, not just outside it! It would be great to discuss the CFD aspect of his organic shapes.
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    no doubt he is a genuis,is a true inspiration but still plastic cant be better than metal in safety point of veiw i would definately like to know what are the safety features although nowadays plastic also provide ruggedness of steel!!!
  • gohm
    gohm
    Remember that both material (plastics & composites) as well as designs are improving allowing new materials to be used in advanced ways. Allowing us to advance from what once was the domain of metals. In the '70s cars will build large and heavy due to a lot of steel. This was before safety engineers really developed crumple zones which allowed cars to be lighter and more safe (I remember the dabate on crumple zones when it was new, how could something that is designed to give and crush be safer?! It was because the crushing absorbed the energy of impact minimizing the effect passed onto the cabin and slowing the inertia transferal. Nowdays all commercially made vehicles to my knowledge use this technology) Also, his designs being one-offs or limited production don not neccessarily have to meet euro or usdot (for vehicles anyways) requirements. Much the same way as if you build a car only have to meet a certain safety level of inspection rather than the same level as an auto manufacturer.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Carbon fiber is awesome *grin*
  • sauravgoswami
    sauravgoswami
    yeah,but still the skeleton of a any vehicle is made of metal,and plastic has been miserable for two wheelers thoug they are cost effective and fuel efficient

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

hi, can some one give me ideas or topics for my final year project in computer engineering about any upcoming technology over which i can work for my project.
hi friends, my project is on SSL(Secure Socket Layer) Implementation. I need to code it in Java due to availability of ready security and other packages which would help me.....
What is difference between web server and application server? What i know is web server handles HTTP requests.It responds with static pages like HTML pages and can use other programs...
hello there.... what is the meaning of "material orientation" or "bar orientation" in "Properties Icon"? me in confusing mode.....😕
How can we read HTTP response header using telnet? What are other methods to do the same (without using any website that displays response header)?