Crazy Engineers Week anyone?

Apparently there is a National Engineers Week in UK from 19 to the 25th February.
Seven areas where engineers can serve to sustain the seven billion population has been suggested.
#-Link-Snipped-#

I feel that CE should have its own annual week as well. I am sure we have enough people on board that can make a mark.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    We've been celebrating CrazyEngineers Day on November 26 since year 2006. I think we can very well celebrate CE Week ๐Ÿ˜€ What say folks?
  • Dancer_Engineer
    Dancer_Engineer
    We could hold the week that follows November 26 as the CrazyEngineers Week.
    It would be great fun. ๐Ÿ˜
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    We've been celebrating CrazyEngineers Day on November 26 since year 2006. I think we can very well celebrate CE Week ๐Ÿ˜€ What say folks?
    I did monitor Nov 26. Though there was some discussion, I felt that it was rather desultory, taken rather casually. No criticism. CE can do better.
    May be a year long ( or two months if a year is too long) competition inviting project ideas or some such with a panel of independent judges, who are not CEans?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    I did monitor Nov 26. Though there was some discussion, I felt that it was rather desultory, taken rather casually. No criticism. CE can do better.
    May be a year long ( or two months if a year is too long) competition inviting project ideas or some such with a panel of independent judges, who are not CEans?
    Well, CE day last year was celebrated in a bit casual way and I agree. We should have done something amazing given our tradition doing amazing things ๐Ÿ˜€

As I've always said, 2012 is the year we're doing the things we haven't done in the past 6 years. A *lot* of work is being done behind the scenes and we plan to reveal things one by one as they are ready.

Competitions oh well, we haven't had a great competition since long. I'm aware.
  • K!r@nS!ngu
    K!r@nS!ngu
    CE Week ....๐Ÿ˜€. Nice to hear. My suggestion is: 7 days.... each day one competition(It may be either technical or fun related) announcing seven winners.... we have so much time. Let's schedule the week in a great manner.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    I am all up for organizing things. All that we need are ideas.
    @Bioramani: Project idea is one. We need more. @Kiran: Give more suggestions.
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Awesome idea. It would be a great fun for us and great work for Biggie & Akd ๐Ÿ˜›
    7 days - 7 ideas ๐Ÿ˜€

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

please,can any body tell me how to design 2 elements rect. patch antenna with micro strip feeding?
I am in my final year pursuing engineering in information science now an hence i am looking for some really good topics for my seminar sessions can u suggest me...
The first screenshot of Flipkart's Flyte Digital Media Download Store has been leaked and the enthusiastic CEans can check it out on VoiCE. Flipkart had acquired Chapkak - the website...
hello ceans, can any one give a review on https://www.teleman.in/index.asp(teleman) institute has any one enrolled in this institute and how are the placements?
Exception has two types. Unchecked Exception and Checked Exception. IOException ClassNotFoundException CloneNotSupportedException IllegalAccessException InterruptedException NoSuchFieldException NoSuchMethodException These are Checked Exception. Can you explain each exception with simple example(Error program and...