Crazy Engineers Social Responsibility (CSR) - Engineers Giving Back To Society

I am sure we have hundreds of engineers around who know that they ought to give back to the society as much as they get from it. As engineers we have to make sure we help out people who are underprivileged in any sort.

I feel when we help other engineers on the forum, it's a part of 'giving back'. We share knowledge and grow together.
It would be great to know how many of the engineers on CE take social initiatives to make this world a better place to live.

Let's from 'Crazy Engineers Social Responsibility CLUB' dedicated to sharing how engineers are helping the world in real life. It could be anything, right from serving food to poor people, giving out clothes/toys, collecting money for 'Help Age India', teaching in schools/colleges on weekends, just about anything that adds value to our surrounding.

Share with us the 'good deeds' you are doing, your experiences with it, how you have to deal with people and how is the world benefited.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    It was fun to celebrate Christmas last year by sharing some cake pieces with my small share of pocket money for the under-privileged school students of a nearby village, along with a few of my friends😁. Plan to do something better this year. There is also an opportunity for us to teach them some English, and one of my friends' who knew the local dialect well, did make use of it. 😀
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Anoop: Great going! 😀

@all: Thank you for the likes, but we need replies. Your work can inspire other engineers, give them some good ideas and in the process fetch you some good will. \m/
  • maria flor
    maria flor
    Our group in Highway engineering subj. is making a map that will be donated to a certain high school...#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra
    @Anoop: Great going! 😀

@all: Thank you for the likes, but we need replies. Your work can inspire other engineers, give them some good ideas and in the process fetch you some good will. \m/
    1. Whatever campus I worked in, I planted a large number of trees. Even transplanted a big tree that had to make way for a building. Likewise rain harvesting in various campuses.

2. Helped junior technical people in protecting IPR of their technical innovations.

3. Donate technical text books and material that have become surplus as the children have moved on from studies to jobs.

4. At a personal level avoid plastics use for groceries and such, conserve water and power, use solar power for heating water.

5. Help my wife in setting up science labs/ teaching aids in schools lacking facilities.

6. Give free time for small time project people, who need technical help.

Before you start thinking about how altruistic it all is, let me hasten to assure you that all this was from a purely selfish motive of having fun or applying engineering to everyday life. There is no conscious aim to assume any social responsibility or to help the disadvantaged.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi guys , National Instruments(NI) came to our campus . These are some questions they asked for us .. 1). write a single C statement to display whether number 'n'...
Hi guys.. Am doing my 2rd year aeronatuical engineering found your forum to be engaging.
I've been using iPad 2 for quite some time now and have a final word on the quality of still images captured by iPad. In simple words - the camera...
Hello comrades, Am currently doing B.E Aeronautical in India. I have recently found the immense scope of nanotechnology fascinating and how its shaping the future domains of engineering. Am very...
How does specification of operations of an abstract data type differ from the implementation of the operations?