Crack and Water leakage

HI ,

my house roof crack and Water leakage issue photo attached. I need some solution from engineers. Basically I am electrical engineer. Any one suggest some idea.

Replies

• pandianrajendran
    pandianrajendran
    some more pic
  • Abderrahmane FARES
    Abderrahmane FARES
    Hi,

Does your roof have any damp proofing below the stones or there is only the slab ? Because the leaks seem very big .
  • KSS Manian
    KSS Manian
    pandianrajendran
    HI ,

my house roof crack and Water leakage issue photo attached. I need some solution from engineers. Basically I am electrical engineer. Any one suggest some idea.
    Hello,

I think that the cement plastering in brick wall is the culprit. These cracks due to some poor mortar ratio and improper curing.

Also I don't think that your slab is an issue. Because before laid tile's on the roof builders might done the weatherproofing. Also i see the seepage occurs in your wall & slab intersection.

Confirm whether this water leaked wall is exactly below the wall were cracked? In that case I would recommend you to chip of the damaged surface and redo the plastering.

Is your building is made by brick masonry (or) Concrete beams & columns?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just after unveiling the Aqua Young 4G, Intex Technologies had a hidden surprise for us which was uncovered by a telecom store called Mahesh Telecom. Intex quietly took the covers...
Sony has released the PS4 system software update 4.50, codename Sasuke for beta program users. PS4 and PS4 Pro customers who have signed up for the beta program will get...
Facebook is not a social networking site anymore, rather an environment to build better relations. Eyeing the core of networking and friendship, Facebook has promised to celebrate its 13th birthday...
Sir, I am 2016 ece passout had no experience. I am confused in joing CDAC or any other coaching center which provide java and testing course and placement assistance. as...
Imagine using a solar power infrastructure that gives 3x the output of what it currently delivers. That could be a reality with a new light-absorbing material based on nano-particle design,...