Cpu is on, but not dispaying.

what can be done if cpu is not displaying

Replies

• Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Brainy
    what can be done if cpu is not displaying
    CPU is not displaying ? Does it mean that PC not booting ? BIOS not being displayed ?
    Kindly elaborate the problem, it's hard to understand what you mean.
  • Brainy
    Brainy
    yea bios has not display.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    There could be few reasons :
    - Did you tried to update BIOS ?
    - Hard Drive is dead. Yeah, even though BIOS is in motherboard, when my Hard drive was dead, it didn't showed up the boot logo, nor BIOS.

I have simplest way to check whether hard drive is dead or not :
    - Open the Case & remove the Sata cable of the hard-drive from motherboard.
    - Use any linux distribution live media.
    - If it's bootable pendrive then insert in any USB slot & if it's disk, insert in in DVD drive.
    - Now start the computer.

If the Live distribution of Linux displays then it means your HD is dead.
  • Brainy
    Brainy
    A big thanks to you Rawal.
  • Brainy
    Brainy
    please Rawal help me, i can not locate computer engineering board in the community. Please post me the link.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    @#-Link-Snipped-# hommie, you're posting thread in Computer Engineering board only.
    Anyways, here's the link : #-Link-Snipped-#
  • Brainy
    Brainy
    Yea i know that, am about to circulate.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Two days back my friend made a seminar in my class on "big bang engine" but I am not able to catch the real point in it.He said that big...
Coursera is a initiative to provide you free training on various topics. I have attended training on start-up websites and got some idea how it work. I just got mail...
could anyone give me the java applet program for creating online shopping website which having buttons ,frames,layouts,dialog box,etc..and i need to login in the frst page,then i have to choose...
In October, Google is going to ship KitKat 4.4, but we don't know the accurate date. however, few Samsung devices like : Galaxy Note III, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S4 Mini,...
I'm curious to know what are the minimum hardware requirements for Android KitKat 4.4. There have been rumors circulating on the Internet that the latest Android flavour will be supported...