Cow - The New Hero(ine) in the Fight against HIV

An unlikely hero has emerged in the quest to fight HIV: the cow. In a first for any animal, including humans, four cows injected with a type of HIV protein rapidly produced powerful antibodies against the virus, researchers report. Learning how to induce similar antibodies in humans may be key to a successful HIV vaccine.
Endquote
www.sciencenews.org

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I just think our ancestors where 10x smarter than us. Maybe they were just lot more advanced than us that they kept the planet intact which we are destroying in the name of 'development'.

Anyway; cows are important and at least people will start taking cows seriously. All we needed was a western scientific study to confirm that.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Small pox vaccination also came from the cow.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I hope you are doing well. While we are busy getting our next quiz ready on CrazyEngineers IO Quizzr, I thought of offering a sneak peek at the brand new...
Padma Vibhushan Prof. Yash Pal, eminent scientist and academician is no more. The science and technology fraternity in India has had two shocks in the last two days. First it...
Home spawned YU Televentures, a joint venture between Cyanogen Inc and Micromax Informatics Limited has unveiled a new device dubbed Yu Yunique 2. The device would retail exclusively via Flipkart...
HMD Global has been in the news for a very long time now. It is expected to launch Nokia 8 on July 31. It is also rumoured to be working...
Gionee A1 Plus from it's native environment China has relocated to Indian consumer electronics market to set a greater deal of business and services. Today, one of the MWC 2017...