coupling capacitor

can anybody plz tell me wats the use of coupling capacitors in a substation?

Replies

• aarthivg
    aarthivg
    A coupling capacitor is used to block the flow of d c while allowing a c to pass.
    It is also known as blocking capacitor or stopping capacitor. They are used in substations within a "wave trap" where communication is done by a.c. power line and any d.c. signals need to be attenuated or blocked.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am studying on 'improvement in fuel efficiency in the vehicle'. If I increase oxygen content in air-fuel mixture in engine, dose fuel efficiency increase? Is there any benefit for...
Hi I want to develop a central system for 'cell (schematic & layout library symbol) creation' for central library administration. Attached is the block diagram. Can you please guide me,...
actually my truth is that i am not an engineer ,but i just passed my +2 exams and waiting to join a good engineering college and i want to study...
i have done diploma in E & TC and want to seek admission in BE . Then which college is better for me 1) Maharashtra Institute of Technology ,Pune (...
Hello everyone I would like to program an nrz coder in vhdl, but I don't get this no matter how I look at it : In NRZ, 1 is represented...