Country / State (Region) / City Data In JSON Format

I'm looking for Country / State (Region) / City data in JSON format. I thought I'd easily find a database (or even a web service) that lets me populate the drop down fields with accurate information. My preference of course is a downloadable database over the web service with limits.

I'm sure lot of dev folks here must have used it in their projects. I'd not mind paying for the database if it's offered at a reasonable price; but with a promise of latest and correct geo-data.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Update: Looks like Google Geolocation trumps everybody else. Anyone's used it in their projects lately?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In spite of their weight and portability issues, Bluetooth speakers are growing in popularity in the consumer electronics market. Xander Audios, an emerging Audio solutions company has emerged in the...
Japan based Consumer Electronics giant Panasonic has released its new DJ-1200 headphones, giving special focus to Disc Jockeys who require ultra high performance to carry out their job efficiently. This...
Many of us may recall our introductory computing classes in school where we were first introduced to the Indian Super Computer, PARAM. With Russian collaboration it was a big hit,...
Scientists from the University of Notre Dam have recently engineered the world's first rewritable magnetic charge ice with the help of the principles of quantum mechanics. Speculatively, the output product...
Sennheiser has recently launched their HD400 series of over the ear headphones in India at a price starting from INR 5000. The series includes- HD451, HD461 and HD471 and are...