Counter-Strike 1.6 now runs on Android!

Counter Strike, a game that debuted in 1999 and spread like a wildfire among gaming enthusiasts, has since been one of the most popular multiplayer games to have ever surfaced on the web. It started out as a single player game called Half-Life (initially developed by Valve Corporation) but was modified to a multiplayer version by Minh "Gooseman" Le & Jess "Cliffe" Cliffe and named Half-Life:Counter-Strike. The game is still free-to-play and known to be so light that it can be run on the slowest of computers. Since then Counter Strike started supporting new platforms and now it has evolved enough to support Android.

counter-strike-android

Alibek Omarev, the developer of this emulator has released the free-to-use APK on Github (you can try it yourself through this #-Link-Snipped-# and following the developers instructions). The noteworthy part about this emulator is that it runs the actual Counter Strike 1.6 smoothly (might be slow on some devices) and not an imitation of the game. It might be a little difficult to get used to the on-screen controls however the developer has provided a method to customize the layout. You can also connect external keyboard or controller to play it as well.

For a 90's game enthusiast like me, the experience and the joy of playing Counter Strike on my Android Handset was the same as when i played Mario on my mobile. If you wish to see the Game-play, you can see this video:

Replies

• tommytrant20
    tommytrant20
    celebrate a blockbuster
    now we can happily comfortable experience it everywhere
    I remain concerned about the basic configuration required to run smoother game
    because if not common configuration for android game, there is also quite inconvenient for some models

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I am a first year student of B.Tech.(Mechanical). What should I do get a job in PSUs' after my degree? Should I focus on theory or on numericals ? What...
What is the difference between Draft Inducer and Blower ?
uisng arduino and bluetooth can we operate a car if yes then what is the bluetooth tracking device is best and which detector is best from both is given below:...
Sony's announced its latest α6300 camera for photography enthusiasts in India. What sets this camera apart is its autofocus speed; which is one of the best in the market. Sony...
Unilever’s laundry detergent brand OMO has unveiled the world’s first connected clothes peg named Peggy in the Australian market. Peggy which is currently in testing phase was unveiled today in...