Cool Optical Illusion

Check out this optical illusion (if you're logged in, you can see the bigger image) :-

Optical-Illusion

This thing just doesn't stop until we all just give up! Can anyone stare at this for longer than a minute? ๐Ÿ˜

...By the way the above image is not an animated GIF!

Replies

• silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    Good one!

I managed to stop the rotation by concentrating on the center of the image for a few seconds. If you look at any other part of the image, it seems to be pulsating. But if you look only at the center, the shaking slowly stops and it becomes still..
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    This thing just doesn't stop until we all just give up! Can anyone stare at this for longer than a minute? ๐Ÿ˜...By the way the above image is not an animated GIF!
    Any meditation practitioner can stop the apparent motion by stilling.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    The_Big_K
    Check out this optical illusion (if you're logged in, you can see the bigger image) :-

Optical-Illusion

This thing just doesn't stop until we all just give up! Can anyone stare at this for longer than a minute? ๐Ÿ˜

...By the way the above image is not an animated GIF!
    I felt as if the Nyan Cat has spilled some colors. ๐Ÿ˜ณ
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    bioramani
    Any meditation practitioner can stop the apparent motion by stilling.
    Didn't get you. Are you suggesting that if we concentrate right at the center of the image; we can stop the apparent motion?
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    ^^ That is what I said too.. Just concentrate on the center of the image.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    The_Big_K
    Didn't get you. Are you suggesting that if we concentrate right at the center of the image; we can stop the apparent motion?
    Not necessarily the centre. Anywhere. The key is not to concentrate but still the mind. The eyes also get still. So does the image. What causes the apparent movement is the tiny movements of the eye that is distracted by the flowing lines and changing colour across the field. The superimposition of such small displacements create the illusion, which is what you mentioned as animated GIF.

However, one has to make an effort. It is a fine piece and I enjoy the animation.
  • PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    PraveenKumar Purushothaman
    Make sure you are free and try to concentrate on small parts rather than the image as a whole. Then the image is still! ๐Ÿ˜›
  • Sahithi Pallavi
    Sahithi Pallavi
    Eyes are rolling. Getting Headache watching this ๐Ÿ˜ก How this type of images can be done?
    Can we make this kind of image one for CE? Just for fun ๐Ÿ˜Ž

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

One always thinks of robots as mechanical monsters with jointed limbs ambs and a stiff jerky gait. Virginia tech has created Robojelly, a carbon nanotube based hydrogen powered jelly fish...
My project is based on this idea by removing brake and steering controls and replaced them with sensors and advanced technology to read the surroundings and drive accordingly. I believe...
Hi, I want to do MS in logistics and supply chain management in Germany or US. My academics records are: B.E. aggregate:68% XIIth-87% Xth-83% I will appear for GRE in...
Hello CEans, Discuss about "CE-Best Signature Contest" Here in this thread.
Hello CEans, This is a dedicated thread for Nomination of "CE-Best Signature Contest" Make sure you are following rules, And No Discussion in this thread please !! ๐Ÿ˜€ -godfather