Converting unused mechanical energy into a useful one

I have got an idea of converting the unused mechanical energy from the rotation of wheels of various automobiles to useful electrical energy..

First of all we will use a dynamo to extract the electrical energy from the rotating wheels..
this electrical energy can be given to step up transformers for acquiring greater electrical limits...
then this acquired voltage will be given to various passive components to produce constant voltage as per the requirements..
the produced voltage can be used for various purposes or can be stored using a capacitive storing equipments...

for example this voltage produced by the wheels can be used for the head lights and tail lamps of the vehicles...

is this type of concept is possible and whether can this be implemented???
looking forward for valuable comments....

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Re: convert unused energy into a useful one

To implement this, we need a dynamo and converter.

This adds weight to the car thus reduces the mileage of it.

So we need to take the weight also into consideration.
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion

I think such systems are already in use. Not sure!!
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain

Its hybrid technology and already in place ... Ummm I guess in Japan 😕

They save energy generated due to rotation of wheels and energy generated due to breaking.

-CB
  • Differential
    Differential

syedaafaq
    I have got an idea of converting the unused mechanical energy from the rotation of wheels of various automobiles to useful electrical energy..

First of all we will use a dynamo to extract the electrical energy from the rotating wheels..
    this electrical energy can be given to step up transformers for acquiring greater electrical limits...
    then this acquired voltage will be given to various passive components to produce constant voltage as per the requirements..
    the produced voltage can be used for various purposes or can be stored using a capacitive storing equipments...

for example this voltage produced by the wheels can be used for the head lights and tail lamps of the vehicles...

is this type of concept is possible and whether can this be implemented???
    looking forward for valuable comments....
    I have something to say here. When you use dynamo, you produce load on wheel causing reduction in output kinetic energy. Here you use a part of output kinetic energy to run your dynamo.

So what's the purpose of using engine power to run head and tail lights. As electricity generated using this method is not constant.

Let me know what you say.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ

I suppose it would be more useful as a braking application then, as mentioned by CB. It wont continuously run lights per se, but storing the charge would at least make the output smoother.. as opposed to making the lights work only when you brake 😛
  • lal
    lal
    I think we wont have energy saved by this one! Adding up all expense and gains there will be a loss!!!
    But we can think of other ways...

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everyone, I need to make the On/Off control circuit for my StepUp project but I need the Transfer Function. Can anyone help me out?
Hey am a third year electrical engineering student,working on ideas to start a project. I've found this one..how will i start a project on fault control for a switching network...
Hi, I was just trying something with C and I stumbled upon this little piece of code. void main() { union { int a; struct { char b; char c;...
Hey im sagar. Im doing engg from pune uni. Im in forth year now. Please someone provide me new n latest topics that can be implemented with java n jsp,...
hi, i am student of electrical engineering final year.kindly give me some new as well as telecom oriented project proposals.i will be thankul to all.regards waqas