Conversion of radio signals into AC?

When radio signals are transferred there must be some energy into it that makes it to transfer at long distances?
Is there any possibility of converting that energy into Ac or DC??

Replies

• mohitdhawan18
    mohitdhawan18
    good thinking sir,i like your idea very much.but did you not think that it is impossible because there is a huge difference between frequencies,
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    I dont get what you're trying to say. But basically, energy is required by the radio waves to travel. The more their energy, the more distance they can travel without much attenuation.

The energy level must be above a certain minimum for the receiver to detect and capture the signal. So, the energy inherent in the radio waves can't be converted to AC or DC, I fear..
  • supri_cs
    supri_cs
    Well am not sure about what exactly is the process which can be implemented to do this. But I recently read somewhere that researchers are trying to make it possible. Just imagine if your mobile phones can be charged just by the presence of radio waves around you!!
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    silverscorpion
    The energy level must be above a certain minimum for the receiver to detect and capture the signal..
    yes ie my question..once the signals are detected then that energy is used for what purpose?can we use it for some other purpose?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Just I am curious to know, How the whether is calculated The following yahoo page shows weather of Chennai, How they are calculating? Chennai - Tamil Nadu Weather Report -...
There are many instances in life, where diplomacy comes handy.what are your thoughts on diplomatic approach? Is it beneficial to approach someone straight stating what has gone wrong and what...
Mumbai won Ranaji Trophy 2010 by defeating Karnataka in what can be called as a thrilling final contest on Gangotri Glades Stadium in Bengalore. They won just by 6 wickets....
I am an Electronic Engineering, working on my FYP; using a TFT display 320x240 in pixels, and RGB format of 666. it is using the SSD1963 controller for graphics and...
Hi ! I'm doing my 1st year electronics and instumentation. I'm interested in submitting a project. so, can any one suggest me a project ? simple for a first year.