Control I/O by interfacing particle photon with PLC

Hi I wanted to control the output devices by interfacing PLC with particle photon and by using 4-20mA current loop receiver which reads the 4-20mA sensor readings and make the multiple output devices (connected with PLC) work accordingly(as per coded by Particle photon)

What hardware should we use to interface the particle photon with PLC

Suggestion from expertise in this field will be very helpful
thank you

Replies

• herebo27
    herebo27
    This one is quite confusing but
    After checking your links mentioned in your question and with slight knowledge about your problem i was able to check out some hardware
    but 1st you need to learn about these hardware functions
    you can interface modbus with particle photon or you can also check the current receivers with different channels and their expansion there are many devices available as per your requirement.
    hope it help you out
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    #-Link-Snipped-#
    Do you have TTL - Serial Interface on your PLC? If Yes then you can connect PLC and Photon by Serial Interface.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

The latest model of the Raspberry Pi, The Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ has a series of new features that should make it an attractive offering to embedded systems engineers...
Xiaomi has launched a lot of value for money smartphones, both in China as well as in India. One of them will be the Mi A1, also known as Mi...
Homegrown consumer electronics manufacturer Intex Technologies has launched a new smartphone, the Intex Uday in India. With a pocket-friendly price tag of Rs 7,999, the device comes in three color...
Goodness gracious! Now AI can suffer from dementia. Quote: “Catastrophic forgetting," is a major hurdle toward fully autonomous artificial intelligence. In a video interview, Anatoli Gorchechnikov, co-founder of Neurala, discusses...
Hi, I am trying to come up with a theoretical design of a nanomachine that can take materials in the area and use them to build simple structures.