Context-Based Access Control System for Mobile devices

Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:
Mobile Android applications often have access to sensitive data and resources on the user device. Misuse of this data by malicious applications may result in privacy breaches and sensitive data leakage. An example would be a malicious application surreptitiously recording a confidential business conversation. The problem arises from the fact that Android users do not have control over the application capabilities once the applications have been granted the requested privileges upon installation. In many cases, however, whether an application may get a privilege depends on the specific user context and thus we need a context-based access control mechanism by which privileges can be dynamically granted or revoked to applications based on the specific context of the user. In this paper we propose such an access control mechanism. Our implementation of context differentiates between closely located subareas within the same location. We have modified the Android operating system so that context-based access control restrictions can be specified and enforced. We have performed several experiments to assess the efficiency of our access control mechanism and the accuracy of context detection.
Index Terms:
Context-based access control, smartphone devices, security and privacy, policies, mobile applications

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : Android domain is one of the emerging trendy technologies now.And user can get rid unwanted access of their private data from malicious application s while downloading. This app can prevent user from access of their private data.And my target is Google Play Store.I want all the users feel secure while downloading an application.

Project Highlights : Because,This app is security based and it's programmed under secure domain in Android Language.Security is the main thing in the world now.User can easily get attracted by my concept only because of this security And I can effectively present this project with good communication skills.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Sri Manakula Vinayagar Engineering College
City: Puducherry
State: Puducherry
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : ULTRASONIC DISTANCE MEASUREMENT WITH THE MSP430 UNIQUE This application report depicts a separation measuring framework in view of ultrasonic sound using the MSP430F413 ultralow-power microcontroller....
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:- In past work , that consists of dynamo was fit on the upper case of the fan for the purpose of power generation but,...
Project Abstract / Summary : Abstract:- In past work , that consists of dynamo was fit on the upper case of the fan for the purpose of power generation but,...
Project Abstract / Summary : Here I'm going to tell you about my project "Motor Control Kit". It includes every thing needed to start 3 phase AC motors. I was...
Project Abstract / Summary : My project essentially aims at reducing the human efforts that are formally vested in cleaning and maintaining highway road and premises. Roads (in context with...