Context Aware Dynamic Traffic Signal Optimizarion

Project Abstract / Summary : The objective of this algorithm is to simplify and reduce traffic issues at major busy intersections by proposing a solution which is influenced by the present traffic conditions i.e. vehicular density, waiting time and need to address emergency situations like ambulance/fire brigade, weather with highest priority. The algorithm predicts which signal should turn green and for how much time depending on the traffic situation and various factors mentioned above.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : With every passing day, traffic snarls at major junctions are posing a great problem to roadway commuters. This can be largely attributed to lack of systematic lights, and specifically ideal light cycles is a crucial task in present day cities with potential non-profits regarding vitality utilization, traffic flow management, pedestrian safety, and environmental issues. In any case, not many productions in the current writing handle this issue by means of automatic intelligent systems, and, when they do, they focus on limited areas with elementary traffic light schedules. Hence, the pressing need for a context aware traffic management system is increasingly growing.
In this work, we hence state and explain the design of an algorithm which optimizes signal timing by weighing various factors like vehicular density, waiting time at each junction, popularity of the road/street and the number of lanes on the road.

Project Category : CS / IT / Networking
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Vivekanand Education Society's Institute of Technology
City: Mumbai
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I want to download some ppts from google drive. Problem is that I want to download it as powerpoint presentation and not as HTML web page. Any solution? https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BxfQqBdt-h66N3V4bVp2Q2VsLXc&usp=sharing
I am looking for the means to a new substance that I can apply to a spring. I feel it is connected to carbon nanotubes. I believe I have found...
Hey Ankita, Greetings, Can u please share the model paper for IES Mechanical. Would be glad if you can help me with the examination pattern. Thanks in advance.
rupam das sir, i m in 2 nd year btech comp and we have a subject design engg in which we have to design a new product over 3 year...
Project Abstract / Summary : Oscilloscope is an inevitable part of testing of electronic components and circuits. Commercially available CROs and digital oscilloscopes are bulky and costly. The objective of...