Construction of LED Bulb and controlling it using Android Software

Project Abstract / Summary : In this project Bluetooth module will be interfaced to PIC18 micro controller. This Bluetooth receives the
commands from the Android application device using wireless communication. The program which is
written to the PIC18 micro controller communicates with Bluetooth module serially to receive the
commands. Micro controller switches the LED loads automatically based on the commands received
from the Bluetooth. The Bluetooth device can be paired with an android device. This device contains the
required application for sending control signals to the micro controller. This application is developed
using XML and eclipse software.

Construction of LED lamps

The 2.5W lamp would require current around 0.6A which can be provided by regulator circuit. Various light-emitting diodes electrically interconnected and mounted upon the opposed rounded surfaces of said lamp body provide light emissions in respective radial directions relative to the rounded surfaces.

Body of an old bulb can be used for mounting the regulator circuit, LEDs and the reflector.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : So as to develop cheap LED bulbs and control it using Android Software which may also provide control of efficient household lighting to the residents. The user will also have an option on how much intensity of light he/she wishes. The user will have the control of the bulb right on his Android enabled phones. We intend to also control this LED bulb using Solar panels/cells in order to achieve a green product.

Project Category : Electrical / Electronics / Communication
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: MIT College of Engineering
City: Pune
State: Maharashtra
Participating Team From: Third Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Crime Record Bureau project abstract helps in understanding over view of the project with module description, advantages of this system, existing and proposed system differences,...
Hello everybody, I have query regarding the Engineering Services exam. Please guide me. I have completed BE Aeronautical Engineering. I want to know if I am eligible for writing the...
Hi All, I'm new to this forum and came across it while searching interesting project ideas. Some of them are really good and inspiring. I want to develop the following...
Indian smartphone maker Xolo is known for wide variety of smartphones and tablets for consumers. The company has launched yet another device in this month and is called Xolo A1010....
Project Abstract / Summary : The war against climate change pitches mankind against a global threat that vastly eclipses that of terrorism in battles that have already claimed the lives...