Connecting RPi & Arduino Over Serial GPIO : Query.

Is there any way to connect RPi & Arduino over serial GPIO without using Dual-Logic Level converter (5.0V <-> 3.3V) ?

If there's any then kindly teach me the method.
Tell me the correct method, I don't want my Pi get bricked.

Replies

• Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    #-Link-Snipped-#

Do feel this will work out for you?

I found this as a way of connecting the Rpi and arduino I am looking for other possible I will post as I find them here
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    This is way too much of mindfuck, man.
    I wanna keep it simple for that. I can connect RPi with Uno over Serial GPIO using Logic Level Converter, but now I simply wanna know that, is there any other way of connecting Pi with Uno w/o using LLC.

I will be damned if I use that instructables method just for connecting Pi with Uno (because simplest way is available) :

trollsohard

Okay there are few configurations to be done. But it's still simple than the one mentioned in instructables.

Back to query, Any other method of connecting Pi with Uno w/o using LLC ?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    the volt variation does need a LLC. nevertheless, there seems to a hack available (involves, replacing the regulator ) if you want to take the plunge here :
    3.3V Conversion | Arduino Tips, Tricks, and Techniques | Adafruit Learning System
  • Harshad Italiya
    Harshad Italiya
    If you are using Pin in one direction only then I think voltage divider is the best option.
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Harshad Italiya
    If you are using Pin in one direction only then I think voltage divider is the best option.
    Explain me with circuit diagram ?

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello I have three Led's with forward drop of 1.7 V and 10 milliamp current. I am using 9 V battery with 15 miliamp. I used this website that gave...
Hi CEans, I want to know whether there is any camera out there which has the power or capacity of eye. What is the maximum megapixel of camera available in...
I used Galaxy s4 How it works about Eye Gesture, Finger Gesture technology. Can you Explain me how it works Thanks...
where to create @crazyengineers.net mail id?
HP acknowledges the fact that Windows has become more secure than ever but it still remains concerned about the threats to the firmware of a computer that might sneak past...