Connect the pictures - IV

I just saw this question in an online quiz. I got the answer right...
Here's for you to try to connect them..

here's the images.

[​IMG]

What's in common between these three buildings??
There's a reason for specifying those measurements and lines in the pictures.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hmm. Brain Jam. Will ponder over this.
  • gohm
    gohm
    I think the key is in the white/blue lines on the Gothic church...
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    is it the all the lengths of second two the structures ( ie the measurements marked) sums upto the height of Efile tower?
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    does it deals with the center of gravity????
  • zia.sepsis
    zia.sepsis
    waiting for the answer mate....
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    here comes another clue.. Heard of greek alphabets?? alpha, beta.. et all??

One such alphabet is really important here..
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Again i cant see the images here 😔😔
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    No one tried today?? Here's the sitter clue..
    There's a special number, which is common to all these buildings. It's denoted by PHI.
    Wat's the number and wat's the connection?

(It's not pi=3.14).
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    @Scorpion: Thanks for the last clue you had given.....:smile:

The number behind all 3 buildings denoted by PHI is the GOLDEN NUMBER (= 1.618033988749895...).This number forms the basis for GOLDEN RATIO.

The sculptors of all the three buildings given above(Eiffel tower,The parthenon aand church) have used GOLDEN RATIO or DIVINE PROPORTION(dividing a line in the extreme and mean ratio) for design.

Two quantities are in the golden ratio if the ratio between the sum of those quantities and the larger one is the same as the ratio between the larger one and the smaller
    a+b/a = a/b =PHI..

Is this correct??😕
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    @ Miniy: Wow! Amazing !
  • gohm
    gohm
    I smell a winner
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Wow its amazing.
    I read about this Divine ratio in Davinci Code there many of the churches in Vatican are build on this ratio it self.
    😎
  • silverscorpion
    silverscorpion
    yep, it is correct. The connection is Golden Ratio is used in all these buildings.

Specifically, in the third picture, you can visually see that the ratio of the blue line and the white line is roughly 1.62.

Good answer, miniy.
  • Yamini L
    Yamini L
    Thank you all😁....Now waiting for your next question to ponder over..
  • electron1212
    electron1212
    Golden Ratio is indeed very interesting, it exist everywhere. In human body too. Google it for more info
    [​IMG]
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    It seems Miss Yamini reads Dan Brown a lot.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

actually thanks shalini for ur concern!!! we wnat to create the project in matlab for document reconstruction based on segmentation, polygon fitting, feature matching and image mosaicing. so i would...
I need advice as to where to join for a month long training in either electronics or telecommunication during this summer (2009). Please do reply soon
Hiii all, In a wireless channel, can AWGN, Pulse Jammer, Single Tone Jammer, rayleigh fading and rician fading present all at once at the same channel? Or there is no...
CEans, We are addicted to Gmail. We eat, drink & sleep Gmail. So we began our hunt for the engineer who created it. We found out that the creator of...
I think you are all heard this word.The hidden feature of the operating system or the software is called easter egg...