Confusion After B.Tech (ECE).

Hi,
All friends ,
My name is hinesh gohel.
I have completed my Diploma (ECE) with 66%.
I have just finished my b.tech (ECE), final semester exams, and waiting for final result,
(till 7th sem, i m having aggrigate of 70%. )
As I am finding job, but it seems hard for me.
Please suggest me, what my next step should be.?

Replies

• hinesh
    hinesh
    please need help and guidance in this problem
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    The first thing to do is to get in touch with your college's training and placements officer and see if there are any companies visiting the campus that will allow you to appear for the placements. If that does not work, you should check with the alumni network of your college - connect with the seniors and see if they can help you get the initial call from the HR managers of their companies.

If that too doesn't work out, upload your profile to popular job search websites like Naukri, Monster etc. and keen an eye on the walk-ins announced by companies.

Another thing you may try out is look for the specific courses in your domain from the institutions that have a good placements record. You will find them in your city. I know many candidates who've gone this way and found job eventually.

In the mean time, you may even join a small company that works in the domain of your interest so that you can build your skill set. Once you've an year or two of experience in the relevant field, you can always apply for the bigger companies if you want.

I'd also advise you to keep yourself prepared for the recruitment process which may include aptitude tests, technical and HR rounds. You can check out several posts in the Jobs and Careers section of CrazyEngineers to help you with it. Feel free to ask your questions.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    First of all , I wanted to thank you the_big_k.
    thank you for answer.
    yes, I have did Contact my placement in charge of my collage, but the companies that are visiting campus or visited campus were only of software fields.
    I want to pursue carrier in core field. But if the Last choice is of IT-sector, I would like go for Network Engineer.
    But the situation that I am facing while searching for job is like I am getting or been called for Software jobs.
    No core field companies are there(not in private sector).
    I have heard from many that "the market is low now a days, so there is no new jobs."
    Should I wait for right job ?
    If yes, Please guide me through courses which I can take?
    I have also interest of Embedded Engineering.
  • Anoop Kumar
    Anoop Kumar
    Core companies in ECE are very less in private sector but some vacancy come, time to time , in LG, Samsung and Ericsson for trained people in VLSI, Embedded system kind of things. You have right time for get trained in your interest and also it will be useful for your final project.
    You can try for it.

I think its better to accept some respected job offer in IT field, if offered.After that you have your time for applying in PSU and some core private sector companies.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thank you for clarifying the situation. I too believe that you should accept the offer in the IT field because you can make a switch to Networking and there are many leading corporates that hire networking engineers. I'm not aware of the specific courses, but I'll tag #-Link-Snipped-# and see if she can suggest you something.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    thank you the_big _k, and ianoop. for your suggestions.
    #-Link-Snipped-#: VLSI and C++,Embedded Engineering i have studied as subjects during my studies. But after seeing the real scenario, Its not enough to job.
    i agree with you that i need more training in that.
    so would you guide for courses and training centers for Embedded Engineering.?
    #-Link-Snipped-#: thank you sir,
    Right this time for Network Engineer jobs everyone is asking for experience.
    (I would like to clarify that I have Taken Training for CCNA certification from IIHT,) should i got for certification in that??
    And If I go for Embedded, would it be good.?
    and which courses i should opt for Embedded.?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Hi,

Please chose what you want to do. Embedded Systems/ VLSI or get into Networking complelty.
    My interest as a student was in embedded and networks , I finally chose networking due to various factors which contributed.
    I also know few of people who are doing good as VLSI/embeded enginer.
    Also, you have option of DSP engineer or Telecom engineer at BSNL. Artel so on..
    check for vacancies in BSNL for signalling/communications related roles.. Its a very good organisation to work with (forget about their geenral perspective).
    if you are interested in networking jump into it.
    there are tens of thousands of ccna, so as soon as youg et into networking- u need to be prepared to keep studying to get into the niche area. A CCNA generally does day to day monitoring stuff . Incase you are lucky and have good team you might get to work on advanced topics what you might not be qualifiesd to work in (i am lucky in this matter ).
    Again, networking is to say very vast. You can get into routing/switching or security/ voice/ Service provider end technology.
    So decide well, first get a geenric perception.
    When i wanted to become a network engiener - I did this.
    GO onto Job portal - search ' network engineer'
    see what qualification they are looking for.
    attain them, keep checking and keep updating. It took me a process of 1.6 yrs, but it paid off..
    If you want to get into VLSI /embedded I suggest give CDAC entrance and get qualified enough. If you are talented enough, you dont really need all this coaching and stuff - but they only help you in openeing doors more easily. Rest is all in your hands
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    I am not in a position to guide you, but a great man once told me :
    VLSI is "tea plant" & EMBEDDED SYSTEMS is like "sugar"; Once you will learn to make "sweet" tea (try making different than others), The customers will pay anything for your tea 😀
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    #-Link-Snipped-#: first of all thank you for your answer.
    and yes, its on me to choose between both., and you are right too in networking that CCNA has been chewed off by many for job.
    and as you told, I have looked up in sites as an Network Engineer and found many courses. So again I need your guidance for Networking related part.
    If i choose for Networking, which courses shell I take up.(I like wireless communication and also m good in optical fiber communication).
    which courses or preparation should be needed to become a Networking Expert engineer from your point of view.?
    And i also want to ask that, call center or BPO job would count on my experience??
    or instead of Job I should concentrate on more preparation for field. ??
    and does C-DAC have entrance exams ???
    #-Link-Snipped-# : thank you troll ...
    suggestion from a friend is always well-come
    yes i do understand both are different, with the combination of both, if a new "bland of tea" is made than customers will willing to pay our prices. 😀
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    No buddy, you're picking wrong point.
    What I mean to say is both are inter-related. Learn both & you'll get better opportunity for core jobs.
    'cuz you'll be knowing entire procedure from development of circuit(chip) to the programming done in embedded system.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    #-Link-Snipped-# : ok,
    yes, i picked wrong point.
    first i have to have knowledge about development of circuits , and after that to program it i gonna need knowledge of Embedded.
    yes your right buddy.
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    please dont end up in call centre, you will have hard time justifying it on your resume.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    #-Link-Snipped-#: I will surely not ending up in call center.,
    I need advice that, Is it okey to do call center job mean while time..???
    or should I concentrate more on the learning(or preparing) for field subjects..??
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    If I were you , I would concentrate on learning and justify the unemployment period.
    working for call centre might give you financial independence, but you might not find enough time to study/ develop sjkills
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    #-Link-Snipped-#: yes,
    I agree with your point, i will justify the unemployment period for sure.
    on one thing I need guidance from you,
    If I wanted to pursue carrier in network, which courses will help me to boom my career.?
    and also which skills are required to be a qualified comm. engineer .
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    hello,
    to all crazy engineers.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    hinesh
    hello,
    to all crazy engineers.
    Hello and welcome back.
  • hinesh
    hinesh
    thx katdare sir,
    also wanted to thank @#-Link-Snipped-# mem, @#-Link-Snipped-# ,@#-Link-Snipped-# , for contributing suggestion on my problem.
    Really that helped at that time and situation.

from past to recent there have been some changes...

while last login , i was unemployed. Than steadily, calmly looked for the opportunity.

I have opportunity to work and learn how things work in real world ( and that's vast diff. what we have studied in collages 😀 )
    thanking you all again.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Good to hear that, @#-Link-Snipped-# . Be active here, help others and don't forget to inform your friends and well wishers about CrazyEngineers 😀
  • srikanth sagar
    srikanth sagar
    Hello!! every one i am doing marketing job after completing my b.tech is it ok to do that i am every much confusing in this issue so please help me with your reply.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    srikanth sagar
    Hello!! every one i am doing marketing job after completing my b.tech is it ok to do that i am every much confusing in this issue so please help me with your reply.
    The rule of thumb is that if you should thoroughly enjoy what you are doing. If you do not like marketing job; find something else.

There are no set rules that engineers should stick to 'engineering'. Engineering is more about 'attitude'; you see 😀
  • srikanth sagar
    srikanth sagar
    Thank you for your reply sir!!!! I am interested in doing hardware job but due to financial conditions i came to this job i recently completed my b.tech so i want to right step in this situation. so what should i do
  • hassan92
    hassan92
    hi everyone, I need your assistance as I completed my btech in ECE I am dilemma to go for which course.. I kept options for BMS CCNA .NET oracle can anyone please help me
  • Praveen Kumar Abburi
    Praveen Kumar Abburi
    Hi..!
    I'm Praveen Kumar. I have completed my B.tech in ECE with 83%. I have good at academics. I don't want enter into software industry. Now I'm dilemma in choosing my
    career option. can you please suggest me all career options for me..
  • Ajin Raj
    Ajin Raj
    Hi every one

am Ajin ,completed my BE in ECE, i would like to do ME in Communication system, what’s your opinion about this course and scope of job.
  • bharat jangid
    bharat jangid
    i had completed b.tech in electrical engineering in 2013,but i am still fresher , i had given interviews through consultancy but not success in between two year i tried to some private jobs like marketting and sales field but i am not interestly work in itand i gain experience but which is not helpful in my stream,so i left but much time spent.pls guide me
  • Shyam singh
    Shyam singh
    is any admin or moderator still active to address our confusions..
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Simply post your query and don't worry about whether someone will answer or not. Depending upon your question, appropriate help will be given.
  • Shyam singh
    Shyam singh
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# Simply post your query and don't worry about whether someone will answer or not. Depending upon your question, appropriate help will be given.
    thank you Ankita for responding back. kindly look into my matter

i have completed my btech in ECE (2015 passout batch).
    i hear from all seniors that there are not much private companies for ECE..so i m getting prblm in getting into ec job. Also ,, i m very much passionate about computers,programming,software development and ethcial hacking ...(not in NETWORKING)
    1. will i face problem in future if i persue my career as software developer because then i wont be having a CS or IT degree which may be needed for some reputed software developer..???

or
    2. shud i join any short term course like php,java, .net or likewise ,,??

please help me..i am very much in depressed condition.
    your suggestions and experience is all in need here
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It does not affect at all if you are a software developer with a degree in B.E. Electronics. Not even a bit, if you ask me. I have tons of friends in the IT Industry who comes from ENTC and Electrical branch and are doing some of their best work in their projects. It all comes down to how skilled you are in the domain of your choice.

I have a problem with this:
    short term course like php,java, .net
    Why think short term when you are trying to build a lifelong career in the field?
    Give as much time as possible to learning a programming language that appeals to you.
    Don't rely much on tutors and tuition classes. Practice on your own. The teachers can only teach you the syntax and show you what good code looks like. They can also give you practical examples, but it is up to you to be inspired from them and write your own code.

Do not ever think of being an average coder. Or average anything.
    When you say:
    i m very much passionate about computers,programming,software development and ethcial hacking
    It means a lot. You need to have efforts to show that you've done serious work in either of those fields.

Lastly, no need to feel depressed. There are thousands of Electronics out there who don't have a job, but that doesn't keep them from doing best out of whatever opportunity that is thrown at them.

Since you are not from a computer/IT background, prepare yourself to work doubly hard. When you go for an interview in a software development company, keep your work ready to show to them. Do your own projects. Create your own code and I am pretty sure they won't think twice before hiring you.
  • Shyam singh
    Shyam singh
    Ankita Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# It does not affect at all if you are a software developer with a degree in B.E. Electronics. Not even a bit, if you ask me. I have tons of friends in the IT Industry who comes from ENTC and Electrical branch and are doing some of their best work in their projects. It all comes down to how skilled you are in the domain of your choice.

I have a problem with this:
    Why think short term when you are trying to build a lifelong career in the field?
    Give as much time as possible to learning a programming language that appeals to you.
    Don't rely much on tutors and tuition classes. Practice on your own. The teachers can only teach you the syntax and show you what good code looks like. They can also give you practical examples, but it is up to you to be inspired from them and write your own code.

Do not ever think of being an average coder. Or average anything.
    When you say:

It means a lot. You need to have efforts to show that you've done serious work in either of those fields.

Lastly, no need to feel depressed. There are thousands of Electronics out there who don't have a job, but that doesn't keep them from doing best out of whatever opportunity that is thrown at them.

Since you are not from a computer/IT background, prepare yourself to work doubly hard. When you go for an interview in a software development company, keep your work ready to show to them. Do your own projects. Create your own code and I am pretty sure they won't think twice before hiring you.

thank you very much ankita.I am reallly relieved to know that i can be software developer without it/cs degree.
    Can u kindly suggest me some project or code I should work on as I am complete fresher and just have basics of programming languages (basics OOPS concepts)- C,C++,JAVA
  • nravik
    nravik
    Hi all,
    I have a really important query to ask u all.
  • Nikkigrewal
    Nikkigrewal
    Hi I have done my engineering in ece stream with 80% overall. I want to get a job in my core field .my all friends have placed in I.t companies but i want to get a job in ece only.so what steps should i take to get a job in ece.
  • vikasdemon
    vikasdemon
    what to do now after be i am totally meshed up?

what to do after be now
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nikkigrewal
    Hi I have done my engineering in ece stream with 80% overall. I want to get a job in my core field .my all friends have placed in I.t companies but i want to get a job in ece only.so what steps should i take to get a job in ece.
    Start applying to all the companies that offer your dream role. That should be the first step. Find out what skills they want and make sure you develop them, either by self practise or by joining any institute.

Also, at entry level, it's important that you are good at cracking aptitude tests and have thorough knowledge of subjects you studied during your engineering course.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vikasdemon
    what to do now after be i am totally meshed up?
    what to do after be now
    Not sure what you are asking. Lot of people look for job after engineering or go for higher studies, or start their own business or simply pick up any non-engineering field to make their career. I've seen people get into music, acting, arts, blogging to make a career in non-conventional fields. Choices are unlimited. Make up your mind!

All the best!
  • abhishek dipak
    abhishek dipak
    hi everyone!!!
    i have completed my diploma and BE from electronics and communication field now i want to apply for Network and security architecture in canada which has subjects like
    Enterprise Network Drive, Securing Routers & Switches, Firewalls, Server Infrastructure, Network Protocols
    Virtual Private Networks, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Wireless Networks, Virtualization Infrastructure, Web Security and IT Service.
    can anyone please tell me will it be okay as i am from ECE background ?
    will it bother my visa ?
    please help me in this i am very much in need.
  • abhishek dipak
    abhishek dipak
    hi everyone!!!
    i have completed my diploma and BE from electronics and communication field now i want to apply for Network and security architecture in canada which has subjects like
    Enterprise Network Drive, Securing Routers & Switches, Firewalls, Server Infrastructure, Network Protocols
    Virtual Private Networks, Intrusion Prevention Systems, Wireless Networks, Virtualization Infrastructure, Web Security and IT Service.
    can anyone please tell me will it be okay as i am from ECE background ?
    will it bother my visa ?
    please help me in this i am very much in need.
  • JUDGE
    JUDGE
    i am completed my b tech. i want to go for the study abroad. what will be the next step MBA and M TECH. PLEASE SUGGEST
  • JUDGE
    JUDGE
    i am completed my b tech. i want to go for the study abroad. what will be the next step MBA and M TECH. PLEASE SUGGEST
  • palampalli bharath
    palampalli bharath
    Which course is better among embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking.
    First of all i would like to thank these forums for providing valuable information about the languages, career...
    I'm pursuing my B.tech final year in ECE branch in Hyderabad. My percentage is 55%(until 3rd year).
    I'm not having much knowledge about courses.
    I want to start my career by selecting a course, but I'm confused with available courses like embedded systems, VLSI, Java, .net, Oracle & networking.
    Due to lack of awareness in VLSI, Embedded systems I'm thinking to take a course in java or .net, is it good
    My questions are (regarding all the courses)
    1) one followed by other which course is having more scope in future
    2) is c language compulsory for all the courses
    3) what is the work related with each course
    4) which course is easy
    5) which course offers good income
    6) some people say that work in software field is having more tension. Is it true?
    7) while searching for a job is my percentage going to effect me
    8) some say that there are institutes offering courses and provide a job after the completion of course, is it real? If so, what r d institutes?
    9) what r the good institutes available for learning particular course

If anyone provides the above information i'll be thankful
    Thanks in advance
  • parvendra singh shakya
    parvendra singh shakya
    DEAR SIR
    CURRENTLY I AM WORKING IN HCL INFOSYSTEM AS O&M ENGINEER IN TELECOM COMPLETED ONE YEAR. BUT NOT FEELING GOOD . I WANT TO CHANGE MY PROFILE FOR OFFICIAL JOB. I HAVE COMPLETED B.TECH IN ECE PLEASE SUGGEST ME. I AM VERY CONFUSED.
  • david219
    david219
    hi, im an ece guy and placed in accenture and tata communications transformation services(tcts)...both seems to be a good option... im confused to choose my career path... please help me to choose... thanks in advance...
  • U.NAGARAJU
    U.NAGARAJU
    I am bit confused to do job or MS after b.tech. I am interested in software job but it is not working even though I have attended many interviews . I am from Bapatla engineering College.
  • Namrata Narwade
    Namrata Narwade
    I am confused wt to do as i am passout. 2015 batch frm ECE brnch...i got plcd in Horizon telecom but frm mny people i hrd its a fake cmpny etc..so i m dam cnfsd wt to do???
  • syed akram ali
    syed akram ali
    durga
    If I were you , I would concentrate on learning and justify the unemployment period.
    working for call centre might give you financial independence, but you might not find enough time to study/ develop sjkills
    I agreed with durga answer don't go for callcenter jobs even they pay more

Because you loose your confidence in core field
    If you want earn then go for institution tute the children's it inscrease your knowledge and income too
    And learn core subjects mean while
    When you find any opertunity in your field try to attend an interview it will boost your knowledge

My personal suggestion is to don't go for callcenter job as I am the live example who is suffering a lot
    In worst condition employment is necessary for you then go for call centre job temporary max 6-12 months
  • Nikil9194
    Nikil9194
    Hi friends.. I m an engineer graduate with 84 %,2015 passed out with mechatronics as my major.it's been one year still I didn't get any job.. no one is ready to get me a job since I m a fresher.. without even allowing Me for the interview how can I face the interview in turn get experience and job finally.. I m totally confused even registering in all top websites I m getting calls only from bpo companies. also some websites doesn't even have my particular major to be selected while registering. When no small companies or big companies are in intrested with engineering graduates.. what should I do now..
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# - I just search on Naukri.com for jobs for 'mechatronics' engineers and plenty showed up with 0-2 years experience. You can also look at possible job openings in both mechanical and electrical/tronics engineering. If you search enough - you should be able to find the right opportunities.
  • syed akram ali
    syed akram ali
    Remember one thing in life if you can't get key to unlock door to enter your dream world then create your own door which unlock your door only by you

Be positive and think positive

All the best
  • vivek shaw
    vivek shaw
    hello ,
    i m pursuing b.tech in ECE final year and I m thinking about doing ITI course on electronic so my question is whether it is wise choice or not?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vivek shaw
    hello ,
    i m pursuing b.tech in ECE final year and I m thinking about doing ITI course on electronic so my question is whether it is wise choice or not?
    Vivek, for anyone (even yourself) to decide whether you're making a good choice or not, it's important to know what other choices you have. We'll also want to know what are the reasons behind your choice and whether your decisions take you to the goal that you want to achieve. Without that information it's impossible to make any meaningful comment.
  • vishnu33333
    vishnu33333
    hi.. is there any scope in MEP solution for ECE engineer.. give me a reply as soon as possible..

hi all.. ma name is vishnu am an ece graduatee waiting for the last sem result..
    can any one help me that there is any scope in MEP solutions for ece... pls give me a rply....
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    vishnu33333
    hi.. is there any scope in MEP solution for ECE engineer.. give me a reply as soon as possible..

hi all.. ma name is vishnu am an ece graduatee waiting for the last sem result..
    can any one help me that there is any scope in MEP solutions for ece... pls give me a rply....
    I'm guessing you are asking for job opportunities at MEP Solutions (UK). Without a clear question, it's difficult to provide answers. Do you have a valid work permit in the UK?
  • Shubham Jha
    Shubham Jha
    WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES AFTER DOING MTECH IN OPTICAL ELECTRONICS? PLEASE GUIDE ME
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    shubhamjha94
    WHAT ARE THE OPPORTUNITIES AFTER DOING MTECH IN OPTICAL ELECTRONICS? PLEASE GUIDE ME
    Please do not use all uppercase characters. It makes it very difficult to read on screen.

The possibilities are many:
    1. You could become a professor in the field.
    2. You could enter the R&D field.
    3. You could secure a job in the field of optoelectronics.
    4. You could publish research papers.
    5. You could start up some industry of your own.

If you are only interested in knowing the companies that offer job for optical electronics students, here's a small list I dug out by a simple google search:
    • Zeiss
    • MindTree Consulting
    • Tata Consultancy Services
    • Optra Systems Pvt. Ltd.
    • Nvidia
    • etc.
  • PRATUL GUPTA
    PRATUL GUPTA
    hello everyone
    I am pratul.I have done b-tech in ECE (2011) and currently working in IT field AS A TECHNICAL SUPPORT ENGINEER in bank on third party payroll.

I need your guidance on whether to continue in this OR go for GATE.
  • Lourdhu Raju
    Lourdhu Raju
    Hello
    My name is Raju.
    According to me cse is better
    But I got ece
    I'm very much worrying that what about the situation after that and my carrier as many say that there is no scope for ece
    please reply if any suggestions
  • rahul bhagat
    rahul bhagat
    hi,
    all my friends
    my name is shashi kumar
    i have completed b.tech (ece) with 67%.
    as i am finding job but not succes due to some region in reputed company.
    i think that region is i h,v not a referece or technical skills .
    then i just want pursue a course like plc or scada or automation.
    so please sujest me for pursue a course not if yes then which institutes and which course.
    for this thankful to u
  • preeti5667
    preeti5667
    hi friends.. I m Preeti.
    i have completed my b.tech (ECE) in 2015 and now i m doing preparation for bank job. but i m not satisfied for this because i wanna become a part of IT sectors like TCS...WIPRO..ORACLE etc.
    i have already waste my 1.5 years gap so i m very depressed. what should i do??
    is there any courses (like CDAC) for getting IT-jobs.
    please help !
  • Aradana
    Aradana
    Hi, I have completed B.Tech in Computer Science (2015 passout) but I haven’t got any job yet. So I’m currently looking into a learning Java. Do you have java training places to recommend? While browsing, I came across few centers that provide java training in Kochi and have shortlisted few of them. Before confirming on one, I would like to get some of your suggestions. Thanks in advance On The Job IT Training Institute - STEPSKOCHI
  • Nikita Gupta
    Nikita Gupta
    Hello Kaustubh Sir
    I have completed my B.E. from ECE in 2016 and still struggling for job . I am totally confused that about the short tern courses, there so many institutes offering courses so I cannot make out which is a right one .
    please suggest me I am planning to go for VLSI Design or Mobile and Wireless communications that which institutes is best.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Aradana
    Hi, I have completed B.Tech in Computer Science (2015 passout) but I haven’t got any job yet. So I’m currently looking into a learning Java. Do you have java training places to recommend? While browsing, I came across few centers that provide java training in Kochi and have shortlisted few of them. Before confirming on one, I would like to get some of your suggestions. Thanks in advance On The Job IT Training Institute - STEPSKOCHI
    You could pick up any renowned training institute in your city for Java. However, make sure that you do self-learning and actually write code on your own to gain expertise. Aim to get certified in JAVA to maximise your chances of getting recruited.

I cannot recommend any specific institute.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Nicksgupta
    Hello Kaustubh Sir
    I have completed my B.E. from ECE in 2016 and still struggling for job . I am totally confused that about the short tern courses, there so many institutes offering courses so I cannot make out which is a right one .
    please suggest me I am planning to go for VLSI Design or Mobile and Wireless communications that which institutes is best.
    The information you've provided is very limited to offer any good suggestions. If you're really interested in VLSI, go for it. I cannot recommend any institute.

That said, we've a special web 'app' available to help with all such questions in detail and privately where we first understand your existing situation, choices and make personalised suggestions that help you choose the right direction. Make use of it: #-Link-Snipped-# -> Career Help app.
  • Kalyani immadi
    Kalyani immadi
    Hi..i am Kalyani. I completed my btech in ECE with 75% in 2016...and still I am a fresher. I want to start my career in core domain i.e vlsi or embedded..but I don't know how to take a step forward to core domain...is there any chances ???
  • Sandra James
    Sandra James
    Option 1
    Join a software services company like TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Mahindra Satyam, etc.

Option 2
    Join a software development firm which works on system level. This is a slightly challenging job and you would be expected to know at least somewhat in coding and algorithms. You would be expected to write and understand codes written in languages like C/C++/Java etc. However, this is still not useful for an Electronics & Communications engineer. These roles are more suited for a Computer Science Engineering student.

Option 3
    Join a core electronics or telecom related company which actually does the core job or assists in achieving the tasks of the core jobs. Such companies are a bit low in their density, like Freescale Semiconductors, Broadcom, etc. But these are the companies which are doing the stuff you are expected to do as an electronics engineer. Such companies are not only rare, their attrition rates are so low that you won't see any openings for their core positions.

Option 4
    Appear for government companies which still do core electronics work. Some examples are DRDO, ISRO, BEL, etc. It's certainly not for all people, also it pays less than the private companies. But whoever gets to join these companies can be assured that he will do some super-exciting stuff in near future. Of course, no one gets to learn new concepts every day, but you can be sure that your electronics education has not gone to waste.

Option 5
    A B.Tech or B.E. in Electronics is just not enough. Graduate level education is Electronics is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. It's just an indication that if you desire to understand the field better, you have the basic tools with you. And every serious student must try and gain a deeper understanding and aim for a very focused specialization. I suggest that all serious electronics graduates should go ahead and take admission in M.Tech. appear in GATE and try getting a good college. And if possible, aim for a super-specialization by going for a Ph.D.

Option 6
    In India, R&D is looked down upon. Hence we almost never see anything great happening in the field of electronics (or for that matter, Technology). Doing R&D abroad like the US is a good option because it is an ocean's apart in terms of progress compared to India.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Until now, it was not officially possible for Indian Android developers to sell their paid apps in the Google Play store. However, with a recent announcement on their blog, Google...
i am doing my B.E. mechanical engineering ....... how should we learnt the basics ? how it help to me duriing my work?
The popular media player VLC has released VLC 2.0.4 with the much awaited opus code support. According to the release notes, the latest update brings a number of fixes and...
Microsoft is all set to shake the world with Windows 8 operating system release along with it's own rival to the iPad, Samsung tablets and the Kindle fire called the...
By now, the news must've reached every gadget freak here that Samsung and Google have launched the new ultra-slim Chromebook. It will run on an operating system revolving around Google’s...