Confused regarding my career.. need your advice

Hi Everyone

First of all, my background is BTech in Mechanical Engineering(2014 passout) from a state university and currently working as functional consultant in SAP SD with a project of a petroleum company in an IT company(joined in October) selected through on-campus placement. During college I participated in BAJA SAEIndia for 2 consecutive years as a member of Design Team.

That was me, now what I like and want to do. I like to work in design software & sustainable energy and would like to work in any such company(Private and Govt) working on that field.

But, currently I feel I am crunched and blocked in this IT world with the various bonds of money.

I sometime feel like leaving it as soon as possible and going for preparation, but I cannot find any way out. Besides family and peer pressure, I tried applying to various startup energy firms and also thinking of GATE 2016. I have also appeared GATE 2015 and expecting 35 marks.

Really confused and frustrated with current condition. Please help me a way out.
Thank You

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Read the book "The Present" by Spencer Johnson.

There are many companies in alternate energies, who are recruiting. You can evaluate these.
    1. Sun Edison seems to be an interesting company.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

2. PR Group is also into alternate energies. I do not know if they are currently recruiting.
    #-Link-Snipped-#

These two came to my attention through a colleague's son. There may be more.

L&T, Tata and Mahindra are all into this area.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    If you've signed bonds, you should respect them. If you can't wait, be prepared to pay the money; or simply talk to the HR or concerned department about what's the best possible action to take. I'd however recommend making a firm decision on what exactly you want to do next: GATE or start working in the company that offers you your desired profile.

In my opinion, you should start looking for a new job and as soon as you find your dream job; ask your new employer to take care of the bond money as a part of your overall compensation package.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Moore's law does not hold for batteries. On the other hand Murphy's law might. It is true that sensors and circuits are getting by on less and less energy. However,...
I am a M.Tech student and want to do a final year project in cloud computing in the Software-as-a-Service (SaaS). I am knowing the basic facts of the cloud computing...
Apple sure has several Indian engineers working on various software and hardware products. It's however taken them iOS 8.3 (beta 2) to make Siri - Apple's personal digital assistant with...
There are at least 10 lesser talked about companies in India that are trying to introduce the next killer Android smartphone. Fly Mobile, headquartered in London, has entered India in...
I am a fresh mechanical engineering graduate(B-Tech), i am planning to study NDT course. What are the job opportunities? Is it worth studying? And how well i get paid? Kindly...