Configuring Router

can any tell how to configure a wireless router of netgear?
i dont hav its password nor have its configuration cd

please do help me to create a secure wifi

Replies

• bharathpb
    bharathpb
    Can u provide the exact model of your wireless router of net gear.
  • Special
    Special
    WGR614 V9 this is the exact model name of neatgear wireless router which i am using
  • bharathpb
    bharathpb
    not sure of the configuration part....sorry for tht

but try the default username as 'admin' and password as 'password'

further you can explore
  • Special
    Special
    i could not do this thats why i asked here
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    Have you tried google?
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hehe

i did write up a step by step configuration . i have the same router as yours and dont have the router config CD

see this link :-
    everything on mind
  • Special
    Special
    @durga

i am not able to login to the page with defaults provided
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    do you see the reset button? It I believe, is somewhere near the porous steel cover , next to the LAN ports Its a very tiny black in colour button. You can always reset the router and start afresh.
    All the routers use the default logins and unless and until someone has changed the details.

if possible please post the screen shots for better trouble shooting
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hi

did you try resetting and then try loggin in? how did it go?
  • Special
    Special
    durga
    hi

did you try resetting and then try loggin in? how did it go?
    thnx it worked....
  • Special
    Special
    @durga

Can you tell me how to block websites??? using this router? i tried using keywords but after using a proxy server it does not work..........
  • anandkumarjha
    anandkumarjha
    For configuring your routers it is necessary to know your type of router because as far as i know each router has different configurations ...
    Cisco Router Configuration Commands this is the link where from you can be aquented with much more knowledge regarding router configuration
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    Special
    @durga

Can you tell me how to block websites??? using this router? i tried using keywords but after using a proxy server it does not work..........
    can you explain a little more?
    @ anand
    The commands are exclusive to Cisco routers, special is having issues with netgear routers
  • Special
    Special
    anandkumarjha
    For configuring your routers it is necessary to know your type of router because as far as i know each router has different configurations ...
    Cisco Router Configuration Commands this is the link where from you can be aquented with much more knowledge regarding router configuration
    these commands only works for cisco routers, because they have the own operating system and they support both cli(command line interface) mode and gui also ,
    where as my router is concerned i already specified that it is of netgear not of cisco which only supports gui mode
  • Special
    Special
    @durga
    what should i explain???
    can u just help me out in blocking websites using netgear router at its configuration mode........
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    do i smell frustation
    here if you have already tried entering the iste details in below page please put up the error message

[​IMG]

P.S: i screwed up my house wifi today and it took me whole 3 hrs to fix it . Forget my housemate's frustration.
  • Special
    Special
    @ durga
    no no please dont take it the otherway....
    the above you have show is done by me but it didnot work, when i used a proxy server like ultra surf everything was unblocked
  • durga ch
    durga ch
    hmm, proxies are meant to take you around the settings. Did you try content filtering softwares?
  • Special
    Special
    @ durga
    can you suggest me the content filtering software for my whole network.......

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Rolls-Royce Motor Cars has announced that new Bespoke Phantoms have arrived in Abu Dhabi. The cars are based on two different motifs which are inspired by the city’s rich culture...
hi.. i have to collect the information regarding the :"xnergy analysis of a thermodynamic system" which may be power plant, ic engine..etc. if u guys have any detailed idea, any...
A device similar to the modem named as KIWI, if it once connected to the existing broadband wiring which makes the broadband connection 50 times faster at no extra cost.this...
A brand survey reveals that Google is the most discussed technology brand in India during April-June Quarter.As reported by Economic Times, the other popular tech brand include Apple and Microsoft.A...
how dual power supply is more useful over single power supply in differential amplifier in an op-amp? 😕