Configuration of laptop

Hi friends....
I ve decided to get a laptop... I need suggestions regarding d configuration....Pl help me vit it.
Is it possible to install unix and windows at the same time?
1 GB main memory is efficient r not?
please help me by providing ur suggestions reg best configuration.,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hi Krithika,

There is one very important factor you must consider before selecting a laptop model - the primary purpose of your laptop!

If your priority is mobility, go for the models which are light weight. If you want a desktop replacement, 15"-17" (screen width) models are the ones you should consider.

If you want a gaming machine, go for higher RAM (2 GB min) & a Graphics Card (nVidia). In any case, following is the minimum configuration you should have -
    • 2 GB Memory
    • 120 GB HDD
    • DVD Burner
    • Most Important: High End Processor! ( Limited by your budget )
    • USB Ports ( min. 2 )
    • Bluetooth enabled
    • wi-fi enabled
    Answers to your questions -

Q. Is it possible to install unix and windows at the same time?
    Ans: Of course, it is possible to install UNIX & Windows. If you have 2GB memory, you can easily install VMWARE or MSVPC to run one OS from the other.

Q. 1 GB main memory is efficient r not?
    Ans: For a gaming machine, No. If you want to run Windows Vista with AERO, No. If you just want to use laptop for music & videos - yes 😀

Let me know if you have more questions.

-The Big K-
    p.s: Moving the thread to CE IT-Help.
  • kirthika
    kirthika
    Thnk u frnd...
    Im gng to use laptop as replacement fr desktop...!!
    For working n multimedia n other softwares 1GB RAM s enough?
    And please suggest me good brands fr laptop...
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Windows XP with 1GB RAM should be alright, hopefully. Make sure it has an extra slot so you can upgrade it later in the future 😀 Its also important to find a brand that has a good service, and perhaps have extended warranty coverage. Are you in India? Perhaps fellow CEans from there can help recommend a brand!
  • Prasad Ajinkya
    Prasad Ajinkya
    Hi Krithika,

Do not go for an HP since they come bundled with Windows Vista (yuck!). If you do get stuck up with Vista, do get yourself 2GB of RAM and go through this article ...

#-Link-Snipped-#
  • bajjuri
    bajjuri
    hi i m new to crazy engineers ..krithika....so can u please suggest me to how to post or thread in this website...tell me as early as possible please....and i wnt to ask some questions and ask doubts so..😁
  • bajjuri
    bajjuri
    hihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
  • MaRo
    MaRo
    Get any non-Dell laptop with minimum 1GB RAM, replace Vista with XP and you can dual boot Unix and Windows, play games do whatever.
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    kirthika
    Thnk u frnd...
    Im gng to use laptop as replacement fr desktop...!!
    For working n multimedia n other softwares 1GB RAM s enough?
    And please suggest me good brands fr laptop...
    If your range is about 55k+ then go for "Sony Vio" Sony Laptops are best in the business... May be you can go for CR14 its configuration is really good....

2 GB RAm
    Core 2 duo

Its lacking on HD front .. had only 80GB HD

but still I will recommend this laptop.. you can make partition and install Linux along with Vista... should not be a problem...
    If you are going for Vista.... then if possible go for Vista Business flavor.

--CrazyBoy😁

"Biggi Am Back"
  • prithvi
    prithvi
    hello there a laptop of lenovo called audio dj. i have good xperience consider about it

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Before I post this short article by G V Dasarathi. I will warn you that this article will infuriate some. however, whatever is written here is a fact. Of course,...
Hi engineeeeeeeeeers,😁 my name is Sam, I am glad to be among this wonderful group.😁 I am an electronics and communication engineer, i am interested in some fields of Eng...
hi all.. Arpit Jain here My trade is : IT Location:INDIA *Occupation: (Student) Work Experience: none *Hobbies & Interests: hacking n programming *Aim in life: the best in watever i...
hello everyone, i`m Arpit n probably the newest member here. i`m in final year of IT engg, planning to do a project on IDS(Intrusion Detection Syatems) but couldn`t find any...
Hey How many of u are knowing about stirling engines? Just google this term and we will think here how to make one. So i will like you people ,...