Conductive concrete

Project Abstract / Summary : This is a special type of concrete which has some unique features, as in it can be heated by using a conductive material in concrete.
In simple words this concrete can be heated. Conductive concrete is a cement-based composite that contains electronically conductive components to attain stable and relatively high conductivity. Potential applications include electrical heating for de-icing of parking garages, sidewalks, driveways, highway bridges, and airport runways, as well as electrical grounding.
This type of concrete can be used in colder areas where temperature drops too much , forming the ice on roads or houses getting cold i.e harder to survive there.so it can be used in houses and roads, bridges etc.
it can be economical for our use.

Why did you choose to work on this project topic : we always wanted to do something innovative, something new in our field. me and my team was always looking to do something, we made some projects in our college, we tried things at home, but then before few months our team came up with an idea of making a new type of concrete, conductive concrete. before this we have also tried floating concrete, fly ash concrete, but this is something different, something new, that is why we choose to work on this project. In India this type of concrete has not been used yet, so i guess this is an a new thing for indian engineers to work with. Also, in colder places the problem has not been solved yet, we still see roads closed because roads are icy. people move from colder places to hoter places to get shelter, why not use conductive concret in colder places, in roads as well as in houses to get heat and to have ice free roads as sooner as possible.
this idea of making a concrete to produce heat, it was something which we always wanted to make, because it is interesting.

Project Category : Civil / Structural
------------------------------------------------------
Institute/College Name: Quest group of institutions
City: chandigarh
State: Punjab
Participating Team From: Final Year

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Project Abstract / Summary : Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT) is one of the most employed blocks in many communication and signal processing systems. FFT (Fast Fourier Transform) is a highly...
World-famous Russian cyber security researchers at Kaspersky Lab have exposed the National Security Agency aka NSA, for cyberespionage. According to the findings published by researchers, US agency has developed a...
Project Abstract / Summary : RECYCLED PLASTIC AS COARSE AGGREGATE FOR STRUCTURAL CONCRETE Rachit Sharma[1], Mohanish Gupta[2], Kaushal Kishor Sahoo[3], Kartika Bashani[4] (Theme: Use as Aggregate, Filler or Cementitious Material)...
The local mobile handset maker, Micromax has officially announced the launch of new dual SIM (GSM+GSM) smartphone Bolt A82. For expressing your emotions in your mother tongue, Bolt A82 is...
The upcoming Microsoft Windows 10 operating system will let you say goodbye to passwords forever. You won't have to suffer for keeping your password not more complicated than 'password' or...