Conduct Energy Audit of My College - EWB Project - Help Needed

I am a part of 'Engineers Without Borders' Team of my college and as the first project, we are conducting energy audit of our college.

From what the team discussed, we are counting the no. of tubelights, bulbs, fans, ACs, Computers, Coolers etc.. that the college uses.

I want to know if this is the correct procedure and what else should be done to conduct a good 'energy audit'.

PS: I have no experience whatsoever about this matter and any kind of input from CEans is welcome.

Replies

• Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    AbraKaDabra
    I am a part of 'Engineers Without Borders' Team of my college and as the first project, we are conducting energy audit of our college.

From what the team discussed, we are counting the no. of tubelights, bulbs, fans, ACs, Computers, Coolers etc.. that the college uses.

I want to know if this is the correct procedure and what else should be done to conduct a good 'energy audit'.

PS: I have no experience whatsoever about this matter and any kind of input from CEans is welcome.
    Don't just count them, make sure they work 😛. And also make sure that (after the audit) you use good quality items which consume less energy.
    Also try to implement green energy usage on your campus, if you've the necessary resources i.e. sunlight, water or wind energy. In our college, we've constructed a Wind Energy harnessing device as part of a project from the EEE department. It saves about 60% of the power used in the electrical labs.
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    AbraKaDabra

I am also on EWB. One should first get the consumption data. Then evaluate how much of that is necessary consumption and how much is wasted in leaving loads on without anything being done with them. Finally assess whether there is any optimizing possible even with essential loads.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    @Bioramani: Thank you.

Whoa! Good to know that you are on EWB too. Which projects have you undertaken for it?
  • danl
    danl
    Where are you located? I could recommend someone that you could contact in your area.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Amazon Launches Toy e-Commerce Site – YoYo - CrazyEngineers TRAI Brings 100 SMS Per Day Restriction From Sept 27 - CrazyEngineers ShieldPRO N22G – A Notebook For Rugged Users -...
Those who are unaware about TED, here is some briefing: TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people...
MIT researcher Skylar Tibbits works on self-assembly -- the idea that instead of building something (a chair, a skyscraper), we can create materials that build themselves, much the way a...
I am Uploading set of Simple Projects in C, C#, Java, VB that will help you learn in programming languages like C and .Net. Just uploading it as my first...
Hi I thought I would come along and introduce myself, I work within Cal Gavin who are a provider of heat exchanger solutions to companies and process plants around the...