Concept of public key and private key.

Hi All,
Can any one explain me the concept of private and public key by giving a real life scenario.
Actually i have an idea of this but still i am having confusion that how it is being used in our day to day life.
Also i need the explanation of SSL Encription associated with this for transfer of massage from one to other.

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Tagging #-Link-Snipped-# to take this discussion forward.
  • Vishal Sharma
    Vishal Sharma
    sndgpr26
    Hi All,
    Can any one explain me the concept of private and public key by giving a real life scenario.
    Actually i have an idea of this but still i am having confusion that how it is being used in our day to day life.
    Also i need the explanation of SSL Encription associated with this for transfer of massage from one to other.
    "day to day life" => On Cloud, Your private key will be used to connect to your cloud boxes.
  • simplycoder
    simplycoder
    #-Link-Snipped-# Thanks for tagging me,
    Email is good example of above technique, also is smartcard.
    Here is a link you can refer to #-Link-Snipped-#

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I know what is LSIG relay...But would like to know:- Its applications. Can it replace normal back up relay in MV system? Can it be used for drives? Its relation...
Another puzzle from the master, Martin Gardner: Quote: Unattacked Queens The properties of chess pieces play a part in many challenges, including in a group of problems about unattacked queens....
My solution to the 5X5 chess board puzzle may be seen here: Dropbox - 5x5v2.jpg
Quote: Apple on Thursday in a U.S. patent application described the “need for electronic devices with faster, more efficient methods and interfaces for interacting and/or controlling external electronic devices.” The...
I have post graduate degree in masters in Engineering management from RV College Bangalore, i have been selected in both Infosys and CTS duriing mass recruitment, and if and only...