Concentrations vs. Degree-specific Degrees

Hello, I am not actually an engineer, but as prospective engineering student I thought that this would be a good place to get some advice on looking at different college engineering programs.

Does anyone know the difference between having a degree in your specific field (e.g. B.S.E.C.E.) and having a general engineering degree with a concentration in electrical engineering such as one obtainable from LeTourneau University?

I'm looking for some of the pros and cons of the two, as well as how they are viewed differently by employers.

Thank You.

Replies

• fishermand46
    fishermand46
    Does anyone know the difference between having a degree in your specific field (e.g. B.S.E.C.E.) and having a general engineering degree with a concentration in electrical engineering such as one obtainable from LeTourneau University?

I'm looking for some of the pros and cons of the two, as well as how they are viewed differently by employers.

Thank You.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hello, if one is looking to go into software engineering, should he major in computer engineering, or computer science (assuming of course that the college they are looking at doesn't...
Sir / madam, My question is Find the missing number 16 [210] 14, 14 [156] 12, 12 [ ? ] 10 a. 110 b. 100 c. 120 d. 90 Advance...
Quick Heal CEan of the month October 2009 is... 😁CEan - vik001ind😁 ​ CEan vik001ind joined CE in September 2009 and has been an exceptional contributor to CE. Although a...
Announcement: https://www.crazyengineers.com/forum/announcements/29726-quick-heal-cean-month-october-2009-a.html
i have said before in my introduction post that i am fond of motorcycles. and i plan to engineer some. the idea was to build a genuine american motorcycle comany...