Computer Science Project Idea: Centralized Mobile Data Backup System

There are many software tools that let users backup their mobile, handheld data on desktops. How about a service that lets users backup their data on a centralized server?

The data can include phonebook, sms, data on microsd cards and so on. The process of backup can be made very easy.

Also data retrieval mechanism should be very easy and efficient as well. Like, send an SMS to fetch a specific number from the data you backed up on the server and so on.

Well, not sure whether this is a practical idea. But you can definitely give it a thought. Say what?

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IBM India & IBM Daksh have won NASSCOM's 'Best IT Services and Products Company' and 'Best BPO Company' respectively. These awards encourage, recognise and honour IT and BPO organisations that...
Walk–in for Junior Software Engineers with 1-2 years experience Hello All, There is walk- in drive for hiring Junior Software Engineers for Tieto on 28th November, 2010 for the below...
Dell has launched its android powered mobile device XCD28 in India. Read more : Dell XCD28 Smarphone Price In India? | Mobiles Forum
Most of the Engineers have to present a project in their college , here are the tips I got for you guys. I will tell you why I started this...
Persistent is visiting Raisoni College of Engg. Nagpur on 27th and 28th Nov as campus recruitment for final year. I dont have much information in this regard but got to...