Computer Engineering in Germany?

Hey everyone,

What are some good universities to study Computer Engineering in Germany preferably? Also how is life there, are people friendly or any other experience that you guys have, please do share.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• AnnieTansey
    AnnieTansey
    Hey there! 😀

Maybe I'm not so qualified to peak for Computer Engineering but I've studied for 3 years in Frankfurt, Germany. I've now got a Bachelor's degree in Telecommunications, so I can give some advice on life there.

Germany is a really great country to live in, and also study. Only four out of 16 universities have tuition fees around 500 Euros, the others are all free. 😀

The quality of education especially in engineering and science is surely the best one out there. Germany is a leading country in innovations and tech business, so a degree from one of their universities is a very precious personal achievement.

The people are very friendly as well, not only the Germans but also many international students who come from all over the world to study here.

Here's some tips that you should consider:

- Try to get a scholarship first, it's not that hard and it will help you a ton. I got mine at the official German database #-Link-Snipped-#
    - If you can, go to Germany for a few days and travel a bit, you need to know where are you going to live an study.
    - Before you apply for a student visa, which is needed, be sure make a reservation of the travel ticket and a good student insurance, I've picked a local company named MAWISTA health insurance plans for students and expats abroad , they covered me very nicely. I've heard bad things happening to people with bad insurance plans.
    - Remember to have fund while you there! Life is short!

All the best
    Annie
  • safiajen0055
    safiajen0055
    Some Universities are following

Aalen University
    Ruhr University Bochum
    University of Wuppertal
    University of Duisburg-Essen

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

I've graduated from Pune University and would love to get together with friends from all over and from the field so that we may get to learn from each other.
Want to know as i have not any relative in electronics industry, what to do to get interviewed in good electronics company as I have applied in a lot of...
Problem: You tried to install Windows on your Mac via OSX inbuilt BootCamp utility and the installation didn't went through properly OR you removed Windows from your Mac which you...
While speaking at Indrprastha Institute of Information Technology, Delhi; Infosys co-found Narayana Murthy said that Indian IT should stop importing innovation from the West. Murthy said that despite producing large...
how i can understand that what type of foundation was held to seen physically of a building?