Compress gases using Ultrasound

Can we compress gases using ultrasound produced by piezoelectric crystals? Will the vibrations compress the gas column? What will be the excitation voltage required to produce ultrasound using piezoelectric crystal?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Thread moved to electrical / electronics engineering section.
  • gohm
    gohm
    intriguing, do you have a specific usage in mind for this process?
  • nugen
    nugen
    Yes, of course. I'm seeing it as an alternative to conventional compressors in air conditioners. Will that work?
  • nugen
    nugen
    Hi..Mr.Gohm..Pls tell me if its practical or not..

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi all crazzy CEans out there. Have some crazy skills in Compute Graphics & want to show off your skills with other CEans. Than you are at right place here....
I WANT TO KNOW ABOUT THE INSTITUTES OFFERING NETWORKING TRAINING FOR B.E. GRADUATES. I HAVE HEARD THE NAME Of JETKING BUT HAVE NO IDEA ABOUT IT, SO IF YOU CAN...
If you're looking to buy a new Windows system starting today or plan to upgrade immediately, you're in luck: Windows 7 will be a free upgrade for new Vista buyers,...
Google just added an SMS option to its accounty recovery system, letting anyone who forgets their passwords, or finds it suspiciously locked, set up a mobile phone number to have...
can any one suggest any ideas or suggest some sites where i may find the latest papers on the applications of image processing using matlab in medical field? waiting for...