Composite Marine boilers???

I'm doing an assignment on boilers and I chose the Aalborg Mission OC boiler. Our library doesnt have anough manuals, so i have to resort to CE>

Can I have any knowledge/ sectional drawings?

Replies

• Ernesha
    Ernesha
    MISSIONâ„¢ OC
    ________________________________________________________________________________________

General
    • Vertical smoke/water tube type
    • Standard preassembled boiler unit
    • Integrated pin tube elements
    • Integrated control panel
    • Quick and easy installation
    • Designed for operation with a monobloc-type pressure jet or rotary cup burner
    Design data

Thermal output: up to 3.5 MW Steam capacity: 0.75 - 5.0 t/h from the oil-fired section
    Up to 3 t/h from the exhaust gas section
    Design pressure: 9 bar(g)

Description

MISSIONâ„¢ OC is a high performance, combined oil and exhaust gas-fired boiler, with a 0.75-5 t/h capacity of the oil-fired section at 9 bar(g) design pressure.

MISSIONâ„¢ OC is a vertical, cylindrical boiler with an exhaust gas section consisting of bare smoke
    tubes while the oil-fired section features pin tubes in the convection section.

Pin tube element

The boiler design has integrated pin tube elements. The pin tube elements support both the furnace and the boiler top plate. The design has been significantly optimized to achieve lower weight and improved strength. The result: longer lifetime of the pin tube
    by a factor of 8.

Construction

MISSIONâ„¢ OC is a vertical boiler with an exhaust gas section consisting of bare smoke tubes. The cylindrical shell surrounds the smoke tubes, the furnace, the steam space and the convective section, which consists of pin tube elements. The boiler pressure part is manufactured from mild steel able to withstand high temperatures. Stress concentrations in corners are minimized by the simple design of cylindrical shells with flat plates of equal thickness.

Burner

MISSIONâ„¢ OC is equipped with a monobloc type pressure-jet burner. The burner is hinge-mounted and can be swung out for service and easy access to inspect the furnace. The burner housing is mounted on the boiler front, angled 15 degrees downwards against the furnace bottom. This allows for a long flame and offers better utilization of the furnace.
    The flow of the combusting particles becomes optimal, and the result is a high performance combustion - even with the lowest grades of fuel. As an alternative, MISSIONâ„¢ OC can be equipped with a rotary cup burner.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#-Link-Snipped-#​
  • Corvus
    Corvus
    Thanks.. but can I have any sectional views too?
  • Ernesha
    Ernesha
    #-Link-Snipped-#

refer this article you` ll get the sectional veiw also

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Good Morning Guys, Firstly let me just comment on what a fantastic and factual forum you have here! My Name is Karl and I work for an engineering consultancy which...
Here at Energy Resourcing we recruit within the power generation and energy markets worldwide with teams of engineers working on power plant refurbishment worldwide. We recruit candidates for Energy consultants...
Guys, I hope you guys read the fake ipl player blog. If not start now from the first entry itself: Fake IPL Player: Let the games begin I seriously think...
This one went down to the wire, literally. But in the end, Shane Warne’s Rajasthan Royals had the last laugh, with the defending champions defeating the Kolkata Knight Riders in...
Why the below code works fine without any compile time or runtime errors? #include “stdio.h” int main() { a('c'); return 0; } a(char* ch, int i) { printf("%c\n", ch); }...