Complete details about line following robot for competition

what is the involved for a robot to detect a line and detect it

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    suhasn
    Can you please put your query a bit in more detail? That should help other CEans to understand what you are trying to do. Also it would help to post a little introduction about your project.

-The Big K-
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    suhasn
    Please provide the details! I can't figure out what you want? 😀
  • integratdbrains
    integratdbrains
    yes, you need to be a bit more clearer with your doubt.so that we can help you.Have worked on RF controlled robot.Also had i chance to go through a line controlled robot project but i can help you only if i am clear what you are looking for?
  • nievasu
    nievasu
    hi
    if u r looking only for what part in robot that detects the line then it is the sensor that detects the line...
    if u ask what type of sensor then it depends on u whether u wanna use ir,or rf,or colour etc....
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Heres one way you can do this.. You can use a bunch of LEDs and LDRs as the line sensor, in a voltage division configuration. The LEDs shine light on the line, and assuming the line is white, it reflects the light back which the LDR detects. As the resistance of the LDR decreases, this causes a LOW signal to be sent to a microcontroller. This microcontroller, which is pre-programmed with instructions, then sends output through the PWD pins (pulse width detection) to a motor driver, which controls the motor and wheels. Since it detects its still on the line, it will just go forward. PWD is used cause you can vary the voltage level to the motors instead of a logic HIGH or LOW.

One senario would be when the robot goes at the edge of the line, the sensor detects the edge difference because one of the LDRs cannot detect a light level (thus having resistance). A HIGH signal is sent to the microcontroller and the appropriate PWD signals are sent to the motor driver. So basically, if the robot was tending off the line to the left, the motor driver would adjust the motor so it would steer to the right using differential steering (like how Tanks steer, one side turning faster than the other).

Hope this helps 😀 Got a Robot line following competition coming up, gonna be fun!
  • caen
    caen
    tO detect line you can use infra-red sensor or foto-electric sensor..to know more about it visit at...RoBot EvolusiOn...
  • caen
    caen
    visit at RoBot EvolusiOn. This site will show you how to create the line following robot
  • caen
    caen
    tO detect line you can use infra-red sensor or foto-electric sensor..to know more about it visit at...RoBot EvolusiOn...
  • Mr.Don
    Mr.Don
    Thankyou Caen
  • SHAFEEK
    SHAFEEK
    small robot follows either white or black line.It require sensors, motors ,motor controlling integrated circuits . its more details will obtain from #-Link-Snipped-#
  • limestone7000
    limestone7000
    caen
    RoBot EvolusiOn.
    that code which has been written on that page, for which MicroController is it??

i can see PIC, but which one??

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Hello CEans![/FONT] Lot of CEans are in their third/final year of Engineering. As students, they seldom get chance to face real life situations where they actually face the interviews....
I wish you could help me preparing for Gre with sample questions in Verbal.Im foxed .do not know where to start.
dear friends, give me the link for strength of materials by timoshenko ebook. regards jp
Hi, I am a student of CS-II year. I want to know that how and where i can do the summer training after completing my 2nd year?
Hi everybody, Can anybody help me with soft copy of book titled "Analysis,Synthesis and Design of Chemical Processes " by Richard Turton - a Prentice Hall publication. If available kindl...