Compiling a list of project ideas & seminar topics

CEans,

CE has been getting tons of requests about final year project ideas/seminar topics.

I personally believe that we should not be ask others for ideas & try to come up with new ideas on our own.

How about compiling a list of project ideas & seminar topics? This can be distributed as a CE owned document. It will be of help to lots of students who are looking for project ideas/seminar topics.

We'll need volunteer(s) from each engineering trade to take this up. Anyone willing? Please post your reply in this thread!

-The Big K-

Replies

• waterjunk
    waterjunk
    I can give suggestions regarding mechanical/electrical/robotic stuff.

I am still searching for a topic myself but let us all share ideas. Rock the world!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    That's fantastic, waterjunk. Waiting for your list of ideas. Others can update your list.

Others? Come On! ๐Ÿ˜

-The Big K-
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Well, I don't mind contributing to this, even though I'm still quite a junior ๐Ÿ˜›

I'm starting to get some interest in cryptology in communication systems.. the present A5/1 stream cypher in GSM, along with ORYX in CDMA, can become quite venerable to cryptanalysis attacks. So it'll be cool to see what other encryption methods can be used. I wish someone would take this up!

Also, as recently discussed in the CE Ideas thread, how about new methods to power mobile phones? Though, its more an innovation/invention than a practical idea for a FYP.. but you'd never know.

How about a wireless burglar system? And one that can inform the house owner through sms using a microcontroller and an extra cheap phone. I think I've seen that idea here in CE. Thats just a very basic idea.. but pretty easy to expand on. What about using sound or vibrations to detect intrusions, besides the usual IR motion detectors?

Anyway, i'll contribute more to this when it's actually my turn to do my seminars and final year projects. By then, I'll be quite busy doing a lot of research for ideas!
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Ash, ideas can come from anyone ๐Ÿ˜€ ! The whole idea is to dedicate on thread where all project ideas for the current year will listed.

Mechanical, Civil, Mining, Metallurgy Engineers -- where are you?

-The Big K-
  • choondu
    choondu
    i found a large collection of Enginnering seminar topics from streams like mechanical,electronics, electrical,computer etc in #-Link-Snipped-#

hope it is useful.....

Some good topics for seminar in mechanical are:
    • Electrowetting cells
    • Micro V Belts
    • Liquid zoom lenses
    • Solar powered UAV's
    • Self Lubricating linear guideways
    • Hybrid tapered roller spindle
    • Hydroplanning
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Direct shift gearbox (DSG)[/FONT]
    • Energy-absorbing bumpers
    • Radar Guns
    • Liquid Hydrogen as an Aviation Fuel
    • green engine
    • ceramic Inserts
    • Pneumatic forming
    • Air Suspension system
    • Water jet cutting technology
    Source:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • Rocker
    Rocker
    choondu
    i found a large collection of Enginnering seminar topics from streams like mechanical,electronics, electrical,computer etc in #-Link-Snipped-#

hope it is useful.....

Some good topics for seminar in mechanical are:
    • Electrowetting cells
    • Micro V Belts
    • Liquid zoom lenses
    • Solar powered UAV's
    • Self Lubricating linear guideways
    • Hybrid tapered roller spindle
    • Hydroplanning
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Direct shift gearbox (DSG)[/FONT]
    • Energy-absorbing bumpers
    • Radar Guns
    • Liquid Hydrogen as an Aviation Fuel
    • green engine
    • ceramic Inserts
    • Pneumatic forming
    • Air Suspension system
    • Water jet cutting technology
    Source:#-Link-Snipped-#
    Nice work, friend ๐Ÿ˜‰ ! It will help all those who ask for ready made projects!
  • rosh009
    rosh009
    well! thank you biggie for starting this thread. because this thread goes a long way in helping so many CEans and also in the context of knowledge sharing.
    now as far as my knowledge goes , i find the microsystems and nano ones very interesting.

from a mechanical engineer point of view , i find the following topics very interesting :
    1.micro sensors [pressure/optical/biomedical/thermal/accousticwave sensors]
    2.micro actuation [actuation using shape memory alloys{sma's}/piezoelectric crystals/rheological fluids/electrorheological fluids/electrostrictive materials/magnetostrictive materials]
    3.fracture mechanics at the micro level
    4.smart composite materials like Fiber Reinforced Polymers[FRP]

from a electronics engineer point of view :
    1.microfabrication technology
    2.RF switches using MEMS[micro-electro mechanical systems]
    3.fabrication of MEMS pressure sensors/MEMS accelerometer/MEMS based micro-switch/MEMS gyroscopes/etc.
    4. "DIGITAL PROPULSION" using MEMS based micro-thrusters!

from a civil engineer point of view:
    1.use of piezoresistive materials for health monitoring of buildings
    2.role of MEMS in elevating bridges to a level of "SMART BRIDGES"!
    3.use of smart materials in building a "self-healing" civil structure!

from a bio-medical engineer point of view:
    1.role of MEMS in drug-delivery systems
    2.role of MEMS in tele-surgeries!
    3.role of MEMS in working of a body fluid flowmeter/pressure monitor

hmm still there are many more topics which are quite amazing[atleast to me!๐Ÿ˜’]. i will post them in my next post!๐Ÿ˜
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Rosh! ๐Ÿ˜

This is just amazing. I guess we'll have a separate section for project related ideas & seminar topics.

Great job with the topics! I'm sure it will benefit lot of students!

[โ€‹IMG][โ€‹IMG]

-The Big K-
  • Niraj S Bhinde
    Niraj S Bhinde
    can anybody send me some stuff on robotics............?
  • Hyoujin
    Hyoujin
    Currently I'm doing my final year project, and I've chosen to do an air mouse glove.

There's articles online about it, and I'm quite addicted to the idea of this project = )
  • mahendra_ece
    mahendra_ece
    I am II B.tech student .I want to do mini projects in electronics .please suggests me some topics
  • just2rock
    just2rock
    mahendra_ece
    I am II B.tech student .I want to do mini projects in electronics .please suggests me some topics
    hello Mahedra i had put new topics regarding seminars and projectson e.c.e here
    blog reloaded:#-Link-Snipped-#
  • namsi124007
    namsi124007
    hello,
    m a student of civil engg,2nd year....cn ny1 suggest me sum good topics for a project to b undertakn...dat wil b very helpful..m a student of nit allahabad
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    namsi124007
    hello,
    m a student of civil engg,2nd year....cn ny1 suggest me sum good topics for a project to b undertakn...dat wil b very helpful..m a student of nit allahabad
    Sure, only if you promise that you won't use the sms text while posting on CE Forums.

Did you search the forums?
  • remshad medappil
    remshad medappil
    1.high efficient irrigation system(management)
    2.Search of alternatives for concrete
    3.Modern vaasthushasthram

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

๐Ÿ˜ Brach : Electrical engg Planet earth Student Electronics is my hobby I like this forum very much!!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜
greetings all crazy engineers ๐Ÿ˜€ i am a 3rd year mechatronics engineering student and i'm taking my final year thesis next year. any suggestions on fun topics that i can...

hai

Hello friends, Well and wish you all the same. I an doing my third year in electrical engineeering...๐Ÿ˜
๐Ÿ˜Žhai friends i am hapy to jon in CE.hai to all CEs
hai friends anybody those who r using SH2 series hitachi microcontroller.i would like to buy(used one) the E6000 emulator for my development work.