Competitiveness unleashed

Well CEOM is out and we can see a new wave of competitveness showering in from many CEans

What is your take on this I personally feel that the posting rate of some CEans will reach a pinnacle of nearly more than 20 posts a day this month

What exactly is driving CEans to this extent?
  • Is it fun
  • Quest for knowledge
  • Anything Intriguing
I am eager to see the true nature of CEans to come out in this thread

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Nice Post! You know when there is no competition or anything we used to post more than 25 posts per day. Few of them are useful and few are not, but we need content.

I always believe that contest makes everyone exciting and people will post more.

We (moderators) are here to avoid useless posts or something.

So I am seeing that after this month when competition goes crazy , people will post more and more important topics where CE becomes informative.

It is all, its fun, we gain knowledge and competition is always exciting and its a global competition for posting important content, so post more valid content and everyone has a chance to win ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    I am also of the same opinion This is a sure shot method to bring out craziness in every ones mind out

People are posting like crazy Big man Make sure MY CE server is never getting clogged at any time sooner ๐Ÿ˜‰

One thing About competition is that it remains healthy throughout I right now make a request to all regulars to maintain this the same through out giving a really good environment for all newbies
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# honestly saying :

Have you ever wondered why debates started by Biggie didnt got more response ? as the prize voucher was low. While here we are fighting for 100 dollar bill goddamn it! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

If "love" towards community would've resulted in this change, I would be most proud after Biggie.
  • Sindhu Chowdary
    Sindhu Chowdary
    ya...one can say it is quest for knowledge...
    i say that it brings motivation in many CEans like me to utilize time in such a pool of knowledge...
    really it is an amazing idea...i am excited to participate in this contest..but before i knew it i am into it and totally forgot about the contest...
    more than anything i am very happy that i got to learn many new things today...
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    I think we're just at the beginning of the CEoM and it's going to be more interesting in coming days. The aim of the CEoM app is to reward the CEans for their contribution to CE - and the competition is such that EVERYONE wins!

When you create great content, you and others benefit simultaneously. The 'competition' brings in the fun and a strong reason to go back to CE every few hours (if not minutes ๐Ÿ˜‰ ).

This also ensures that the content generation becomes collective & collaborative effort and not just a 'task' allotted to the VoiCE Authors. This allows us to take CE to newer levels by freeing up some bandwidth (corporate buzzword!).

What will drive CEans to the contest? Well I think it's a mix of everything: Fun, Knowledge, The feeling of helping others, competitive spirit and the rewards. I'd however love to hear from CEans what they think about the App and the contest. I think we're the first site in the world to have such app for the contest. ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    That makes the whole set up both happy and sad for regulars the interest we show towards money must also be given for knowledge that will enable us to have a better Community
  • Anil Jain
    Anil Jain
    Just wanted to share, in past when CEoM Started first time on CE, CEan- ES was the first person to win the title.

I remember there was time when he used to post 35-40 posts a day, that was even beating the that time CE-boat (in-focus) as well.

-CB
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    #-Link-Snipped-# : I'm quite sure we'll get sponsors for the contest so that we can offer bigger prize. If the app really becomes 'successful' (and we've graphs to track stuff!), we'll consider a GRAND prize to the CEan(s) who win 3 CEoM titles in a year. But nothing is confirmed until we are sure of the response and how it works out on the business side of the things.

But that's a byproduct of the whole fun, activity & knowledge sharing that will take place through the app. The more it happens - the better we'll be equipped to announce mind blowing things! ๐Ÿ˜
  • Abhishek Rawal
    Abhishek Rawal
    Whatever the reason it is, I am quite happy to see that yesterday the forum was so silent & peaceful & within a day it has turned into RIOT !
    This is how a forum should be.
  • Jeffrey Arulraj
    Jeffrey Arulraj
    Yeah I heard about the CEoM competition before that was really a great boon and also the people who participated where dedicated and that brought in a great change

But don't you feel that over the time the competition failed and started to run out of gas
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Conqueror
    But don't you feel that over the time the competition failed and started to run out of gas
    Nope. There were other reasons why we stopped the contest last time. It never ran out of gas. This time, it's here to stay; else we would not put so much of money into development of a dedicated app.
  • Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    I would say, dont think too much into future and predict what happens!

This contest is started only for bringing in good content to CE ,and by that we can learn a lot! and the one who does bring great content obviously wins!!

Its a win - win to the person who wins and CE!!

Interest towards money or quality content, lets not discuss about that! If we get awesome content into CE. Its not a big deal to spend some money ๐Ÿ˜€
  • Anoop Mathew
    Anoop Mathew
    I would like to see some newbies respond here. We want more topics to debate and think over. And useful content too. It's hard to drive people together and coexist in a forum. Appreciate the effort taken by 'Biggie and his Back Stage Bandits' on this contest. Brings back the enthusiastic feel I had during last to last CE Anniversary celebrations.
  • Sanyam Khurana
    Sanyam Khurana
    Abhishek Rawal
    #-Link-Snipped-# honestly saying :

Have you ever wondered why debates started by Biggie didnt got more response ? as the prize voucher was low. While here we are fighting for 100 dollar bill goddamn it! ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

If "love" towards community would've resulted in this change, I would be most proud after Biggie.

I agree with #-Link-Snipped-#

and #-Link-Snipped-#, yes I've seen no newbies here, though I've not spend much time here on CE, but there are not much "ACTIVE" users, like on other forums, but I think, this would help in getting some participation, and people genuinely create quality content.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Next KYCEan in the KYCEan - II series is in making. Can you make any guess who is that CEan? There are two purpose of asking this, one is we...
Hey can you guys tell me what will be the power dissipated by a diode 1N4007 if excited by a AC source of 30V peak to peak Cut in also...
some of the scientists at korean advanced institute of science and technology have created the first transparent computer chip..this chip is known as TRRAM (Transparent Resistive Random Access Memory)..it is...
In the past, Google would pick up our posts and articles within 5-10 minutes after they were created. But now, looks like either Google's upgraded their servers or has began...
What are the potential ways to win this event? How to remove the Moderator's and ADMINISTRATOR's dominance in the competition? How to delay the responses from other CEans to be...