Company that files most number of patents in US every year is IBM

Ever wondered which company on the planet has the crown for filing the most number of patents in the US every year? Well, it's your old International Business Machines aka IBM! For the 20 years in row, IBM has been the company that brings home the most number of patents.

About a decade ago, in 2002, IBM obtained 3288 patents. In 2012, IBM brought home a whooping 6478 patents!

Out of those patents, nearly 70% were filed from the US itself. The rest were filed from IBM's international offices. From global positioning system to power systems, IBM's patent portfolio is pretty diverse!

Great going, IBM!

Replies

• Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Earlier to that it was AT&T that was leading in this. A patent a day and two on Sundays was the statement made about them in the sixties

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi Everyone , My question : Leave job for CAT Study OR Study with job. ????? I am aiming for CAT 2013 , Currently I am working with IBM since...
A crazy chemical Engineer who wants to make a difference
plz help urgently to print patern 1 01 101 0101 by using for loops in C .... .......................
I've been experimenting with the number of posts CEans would like to have on the site - 10 or 20? You decide. Currently we have 10 posts per page, so...
Source Internet: Client side scripting is a script, (ex. Javascript, VB script), that is executed by the browser (i.e. Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Opera, etc.) that resides at the user...