Common Reasons for Hard drive Crash

How HDD will get crashed??

Replies

• Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Saandeep Sreerambatla
    Re: After logical crashing of HDD

@Praveena: Go through this link it has few details.
    Reasons for Hard Drive Crash | ReWave Data Recovery

And please start new thread if you have questions which are out of the context of the thread 😀

*Moving as a new thread*
  • cbaber
    cbaber
    praveena211
    How HDD will get crashed??
    I work as a laptop technician on Panasonic Toughbooks. I see hundreds of bad harddrives per month. Most of the time its hardware related. This is because HDD's have moving parts inside. If you bump a HDD too hard it can damage it. Other times its simply software and needs re-imaged. A virus or corrupt file cause this type of failure. You can use a HDD scan tool to see whats wrong with your HDD if you have bluescreens or you suspect a problem. If it will not boot at all, you need to try to re-image it. If its not recognized in the BIOS its most likely needs replacement.
  • lovejeet
    lovejeet
    sir even one of my hard drive nt working......... it was working earlier, n i didn't used it 4 a month...... n nw even bios can't detect it............................. had a lot of data.......please help..............
  • Kishan Gupta
    Kishan Gupta
    I have a segate Hdd 160 gb, it is in warranty. few months back few bad sectors came, I use seatool for repairing. now if i use use seatool it show nothing. but few days before i install Fedora 13 , now it shows that this hdd has 11 bad sectors. i check my hdd again by seatool, it shows nothing again. I am totally confused, what should I do now. Is fedora wronge, or seatool not showing bad sectors after skipping them.
  • sushant005
    sushant005
    I think hard disk crash is due to the bad sectors in HDD and there are many reasons for bad sectors.

Bad sector may be due to the physical reason means that when we directly shutdown our PC by switching the OFF button then there must be chances of hitting of head to the HDD platers that may a spot there any detected as the bad sectors.

Bad sectors are also due to the magnetic weakening and as a result of which it loses its magnetism regularly and may lead to the HDD crash.

Bad sectors are also due to the failure of read write operation.

Bad sectors are also due the overlapping of files in HDD file system.Overlapping of files also creates a spot which is considered as bad sectors so lots of bad sectors or increasing bad sectors are the most common reason for HDD crash.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

can any one help me to find out any project on oscillator can be done for begineers in the project field....
Dear Friend, Techfest, The annual science and technology festival of IIT Bombay is conducting a workshop on Vertical Habitat which Workshop centres - IIT Bombay, Mumbai Priyadarshani College, Nagpur 23rd-24th...
Hi, I am looking for the AI Project for my Academic Project Submission. I request if anyone can help me on the same, would be really great. Also, if someone...
hello to all. i am interested to give the forth coming gate exam in electronics. could any one please help me out with some books for question practice and some...
it will be my first project. plz help me to give a simple one and some ideas how to do that...