Common engineering entrance exam in 2013 in India - Pattern Details?

As you might have already heard over the news, IIT-JEE and AIEEE are being replaced by a single admission test to all engineer factories aka IITs, NITs and IIITs. What’s more interesting is that the XII exam marks will carry about 40% weightage.

Check complete cover on VoiCE -
#-Link-Snipped-#

So, a CET is coming for everyone. Anyone has any details about the pattern of this common test or CET?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    From what I hear - there will be a 'main test' which will be objective in nature; followed by another advance exam that will determine the final admissions. Further details are yet to emerge. If anyone knows about it, please contribute here.
  • Ankita Katdare
    Ankita Katdare
    It is time that they start a brand new website for the new exam. From what little I could gather in the news,
    Under the new proposal, the exam would be of two parts,
    Main and Advance, each of three hours.
    Main (objective type) - comprehension, critical thinking and logical reasoning
    Advance (subjective type) - problem-solving abilities in the basic science subjects.(Physics, Chemistry?)

Moreover,

Main: IITs would like to use the Main results as a screening criterion. However, this process may begin from 2014 and not 2013.
    Advance: No, IITs should have their own JEE paper. This paper may be subjective in nature. Eligibility for JEE should be restricted based on Board marks in percentile form and Main marks.

But, since we have no official word on any of this, we want each of you to contribute whatever information you gather.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

IIT JEE and AIEEE 2013 have been cancelled and replaced by a single entrance exam for all the engineering admissions in India. HRD Minister, Mr. Kapil Sibal announced the shocking...
Hello, Everybody! My Self Jaydeep Boricha. This is my goal to achieve the thing in which i having an interest. I have an lot of idea about the present world...
How about we have this boy in our small talk?? https://www.thehindu.com/life-and-style/kids/article3464794.ece
hot water kept in well insulated thermos flak is an example of closed system or isolated system??
Hi! just call me jazzie, im a ce graduate and my biggest dream is to become a successful civil engineer like you. but, unfortunately i can't make for some reasons...