Commissions?!

I am almost a 1 year member (if not already. It's sometime this month.) of Deviant Art.
I am an artist, aside from being an aspiring electrical engineer and PCB designer. I do graphic designing, along with pencil design, painting, and any other media. I'm currently doing commissions, which aren't going so well atm. I'm in kind of a financial hole, if that's what you wanna call it. I'm in need of a car, my band needs funding, and I'm in desperate need of some new graphic software, along with hardware. Any sales would be much appreciated!
The link to my page is #-Link-Snipped-# and the link to my art gallery is #-Link-Snipped-#. You can find my journal at #-Link-Snipped-#.
You can find information at any of those sights. I also have #-Link-Snipped-# and #-Link-Snipped-#.

Here are my prices:
[​IMG]Paper artwork:
Line sketch: $2 (Was $5 ! You save:$3 )
Line sketch with shading: $4 (Was $8 ! You save:$4 )
Link sketch with colour shading: $5 (Was $10 ! You save:$5 )
Pencil drawing with shading: $6 (Was $15 ! You save:$9 )
Pencil drawing with shading and details: $10 (Was $20 ! You save:$10 )
Pencil portrait on a 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper: $15(Was $30 ! You save:$15 )
Realistic pencil portrait with colour or graphite pencil: $20+(Was $40 ! You save:$20 ) (depending

on the sheet size)

[​IMG]Photographs:
Anywhere from $5-$20 depending on the sheet size

[​IMG]Clothing:
T-shirts with simple design: $5 (Was $12 ! You save:$7 )(must provide size and colour of shirt)
T-shirts with detailed design: $10 (Was $15 ! You save:$5 )(must provide size and colour of shirt)
T-shirts with simple portrait: $5 (must provide size and colour of shirt)
T-shirts with detailed portraits: $15(Was $18 ! You save:$3 ) (must provide size and colour of shirt)
Pants with chosen design or print : $10 (must provide size and type of jeans, or send me a pair. Note: If

I go buy a pair, the price of the pants will be added to your total)
Shoes with chosen design or print: $10 (must provide size and type of shoes, or send me a pair. Note: If

I go buy a pair, the price of the shoes will be added to your total)

[​IMG]Canvas art:
(Note: flat canvas is no extra charge, however, the canvas with the wooden frame will cost extra.

Contact me about how much)
Pencil sketch on canvas: $5 (Was $10 ! You save:$5 )
Pencil sketch with detail on canvas: $6 (Was $15 ! You save:$9 )
Pencil drawing with detail on canvas: $7 (Was $17 ! You save:$10 )
Pencil portrait on canvas: $10 (Was $20 ! You save:$10 )
Coloured pencil drawing on canvas: $12 (Was $20 ! You save:$8 )
Acrylic painting on canvas: $15 (Was $30 ! You save:$15 )
Oil painting on canvas: $16 (Was $ ! You save:$24 )

Biggest save: $24!
And that's what I've got. If you have any suggestions to anything else you would be willing to pay for

me to create and send you, contact me by whatever way is most convenient for you!

Anyone interested?

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    All the best, Kinetic.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ^_^ Thanks, Biggie!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    You need a car? 15 is a legal age to drive in your area? 😛 Lucky!
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Very Nice. One question. How much will it cost me if I order some Tees or shoes or anything from you(I am talking about the transportation cost) considering I am currently based in New Delhi.
    Also, why don't you design some logos for CE. We could use with a range of merchandises using the CE logo or any kind of cool design(we may call it the CE line). Will make it compulsory for all members to buy at least one. Since you will be designing it, you will get the lion's share of the profit.
    Gohm is also based in the US and you can ask for his help for that region.
    Ash, me, biggie, XhX, kidakaka, mayur etc can handle the asian market.
    MaRo can do a job in Egypt. I just wonder how the pyramids will look decked in CE tees
    Van Helsing can take care of Italy
    etc etc etc
    You may also design some region specific CE logos. CE India CE Malaysia CE Egypt CE USA CE Italy to name a few. Or we can break it into continents, CE Asia, CE Africa and likewise.
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Nice Idea, Patty. Kinetic, I suppose you'd have to personally get in touch with Biggie. He's in the midst of setting up the CE Gears online store 😀

But we should try to encourage active participation as the priority. When we actually have set up the local CE groups, we could look into the CE merchandise.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Wow. . . I didn't know you would actually make such a big deal about my commissions. . . I feel honored now! I think that's a good idea, raj!
    And. . . If you order Tees. . . It all depends on what you want. I'm not sure what the shipping price would be, because I've never shipped over seas before, but I could look into it.

Also, I was thinking I could E-Mail you the designs, and where ever you are (whether it be in Asia, Egypt, where ever) You can have the T-shirts printed there.

And as for the "lions share"!? Wow. . . like. . . I don't know how much of a success this will be, but seeing how many members we have. . . wow.

I need a screen print machine, because I haven't had many sells (they've been locally) and all I did was either hand paint them or print them from the computer and put them on a shirt. I'm not sure where you would find one, or how much it would cost. . .

I'm still flattered that you have actually put thought into my idea. Ash and raj both!

let me know what you think, and as soon as I can, I'll begin working on the designs.

I will be getting some more software in September for my birthday, so when that comes in, my designs will be better. I just have crappy programs at the moment (Corel Paint Shop, Inkscape from sourceforge.net, Anime Studio, poser (demo), and some others that I can't think of right now.)

So. . . other ideas?
  • gohm
    gohm
    Yep, I can help with anything if needed.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ^_^ Yay *does happy dance*
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Checked out your designs Alice. Nice work but the CE designs are too simple. I want something that will make you look like a rock star, that will send a message that engineers are cool and not just geeks or nerds. Got my point. Your other designs are cool(only saw till page 3 though).
    Call me Patty. Thats what I am called at all places, derived from my name Prateek.
    You may send them at my ID :- #-Link-Snipped-#
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Okay, Patty!
    My name isn't Alice by the way, it's Tyler. I know. . . It's a weird name for a girl.

On a brighter note. . . that was just my art I'd done.(none of it was really meant for design. I'm an artist. It's not supposed to make sense!) No body wants to look at all of them anyway.

But I need some ideas as to what needs to go on said designs.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Tyler....no it doesn't sound weird to me as I do not think about it. If I start, then 90% of the western names will seem weird to me. So you are into modern art.
    I will post later when I get some more ideas.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Yes. . . and I guess since we are from different countries, names would sound weird regardless. Here in the U.S., Tyler is generally a males name. As a matter of fact, I don't know any girls with the name Tyler; except for me and one other.

And yes, I do graphic design along with modern art (pencil, paint, other media) if that's what you want to call it.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    *Begins working on designs*
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Yes. . . and I guess since we are from different countries, names would sound weird regardless. Here in the U.S., Tyler is generally a males name. As a matter of fact, I don't know any girls with the name Tyler; except for me and one other.

And yes, I do graphic design along with modern art (pencil, paint, other media) if that's what you want to call it.
    Ah, the only Tylers I know is Tyler Gage from Step Up and Liv Tyler 😛

It does sound like a unisex name, though.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ^_^ Lol. . . Liv Tyler. . . that's her last name. She's the daughter or Stephen Tyler. . . one of the most famous singers in America atm.
    I'm sure you knew that.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Hi KJ,
    Welcome back. Any progress with the designs. Do keep us informed. I'll be calling you KJ if that is OK with you.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    I like KJ better than Tyler any day. I'm working on one design as we speak. I just got done penciling it out, and I'm about to work on the digital version.
    [EDIT]
    Here's the design:
    [​IMG]
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    *drops jaw* Thats freaking awesome.
  • raj87verma88
    raj87verma88
    Good Good. Now let me think. This can be on a mug, and will look great on a tee. The whole tee would be made of this design and not just a box in the middle with the design.
    Excellent job. Keep going.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    ash
    *drops jaw* Thats freaking awesome.
    Lmao, ash! It's not THAT great.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    raj87verma88
    Good Good. Now let me think. This can be on a mug, and will look great on a tee. The whole tee would be made of this design and not just a box in the middle with the design.
    Excellent job. Keep going.
    I was thinking that the 1's and 0's could go all the way to the bottom of the tee. I'll make a design example for you if you don't know what I'm talking about.
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Anyone have any ideas on what I should work on designing next? Ash? Patty? Biggie?
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    *Bumps* hehe.
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    KJ, you'll a lot to design on Monday *wink* , *wink*

Monday is the day!
  • Ashraf HZ
    Ashraf HZ
    Whats on monday? 😛
  • shadeslayer
    shadeslayer
    hmm,,,gr8 going
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    The_Big_K
    KJ, you'll a lot to design on Monday *wink* , *wink*

Monday is the day!
    What's Monday?
  • Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    You'll see. Couple of hours to go! 😁
  • KINETIC_JOULES
    KINETIC_JOULES
    Huh? I'm confused.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Hi everybody! Can anybody can help me or give me ideas/hints on how to design, what to use a circuit that will display with LEDs a color pattern depending on...
Hi All,( back after finishing exams) I was just seeing few posts,when i saw a post regarding "changing my display name?" I was thinking what if we have the power...
hi guys i m doing bteh(electrical) I need ur help in selecting the project topic
What is your opinion about the best operating system for desktop/laptops ? Basis of your opinion should be on following parameters Reliability Scalability Ease to use Easy to administer Security
What will be best branch of technology from 6-10 years from today ? Imagine that you have to recommend this to for some in 10th today. I am not sure...