Coming soon on CE

Since past few days, we have been working on the next version of CE Forums. The next version, once live, will sport a lighter & faster software and a lightweight theme. This post will give you an idea about what's being worked on and what to expect :1. Faster code: The code that runs CE Forums has been overhauled and currently being tested on our test setup. Things look perfect so far with few minor errors. There are lot of great, convenient features. When you click 'Reply To Post', you'll not have to go to a new page or scroll down to the bottom of the page to compose your message. A message reply window will temporarily pop-up below the post you are replying to. Once you submit your response, the page will refresh (if required) and your message will appear at the bottom of the thread.What this means is there will be lesser page refreshes!2. Improved Search: The search mechanism has been optimized. All the searches will now be more efficient and of course, faster!3. New Theme: We've been working hard to match our front page (portal theme) and the forum theme. The new theme will contain lesser images (only the gradients, rest all CSS) and therefore all our members can expect faster loading times. Screenshots coming soon.4. Cool New Feature: We'd prefer not talking about this right at this moment. All I can say is that we're introducing a new feature for all our regular members. You'll only know when its live on CE.5. New Sections: We'll introduce CE - Robotics section on CE to accommodate all robotics related ideas, queries, troubleshooting. Couple of existing sections will be renamed/merged. More news through the forum.6. New Mods: CE's growing faster and we're expanding our mod teams. Watch out for announcements on the forum.7. CE Store: CE's kick-ass T Shirts are in great demand and you'll soon be able to order one for yourself through our soon to be launching CE Store. I shall publish the details through another blog post.-Kaustubh Katdare-Founder, CrazyEngineers

Replies

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

In one word: ContentEvery webmaster wants to see his/her site on the top on search engine results. Then begins the quest for SEO which...
A Romance with Chaos is yet another novel by Indian Author Nishant Kaushik after his successful debut novel “Watch Out! We are MBA”. The book gives us an interesting encounter...
Running an engineers forum is an interesting experience. I have my email ID publicly displayed to make it easier for members/guests to get in touch with me with queries related...
Here's a tip for engineering students who are looking for summer training in companies. Get in touch with your college's alumni network.Students often underestimate the importance of Alumni Network of...
Google has released official statement saying that from now onwards, site's loading speed will matter in site's search engine ranking. All things same, the faster loading website will get higher...