Come winter EVs get the shivers

In winter in cold locations Electric Cars slow down and have shorter range between charges. CEans can come up with a warm fur blanket (with a hole for the wind shield) for EVs.

Why do electric cars suck in cold weather? | ExtremeTech

Replies

• Gurjap
    Gurjap
    "Fur" blankets? There is no surer way of earning us a PETA ban. Imagine our CEO's residence being besieged by Greenpeace.

How about one of those fans-to-stir-up-battery-fluid things I asked you about once?
  • Ramani Aswath
    Ramani Aswath
    Gurjap
    "Fur" blankets? There is no surer way of earning us a PETA ban. Imagine our CEO's residence being besieged by Greenpeace.

How about one of those fans-to-stir-up-battery-fluid things I asked you about once?
    synthetic fur.
    Actually chemical reactions slow down at lower temperatures. Maybe a Peltier effect heater to keep the battery warm with the insulating wrap could work.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Here are nine potential tech wonders that may materialize in 2014: https://news.cnet.com/2300-11386_3-10019182.html
After the Q3000, XOLO’s new LT900 has popped up on the same e-commerce website. As before this one too has been listed on Flipkart and bears a ‘Coming Soon’ tag....
Generally charges are incurred if we move from one state to another state within India as per national roaming policy.Now a days discussion is going on on removing the roaming...
Cubli isn't your just another metallic cube, it's a robot with second to none jumping, walking, dancing and balancing skills; all using some sophisticated electronics & engineering. What you will...
Hi everybody, first of all it is a good forum for engineering students. I'm doing my 3rd year aeronautical engineering in chennai. In this discussion, I like to know the...