Colloquium: E Business - Questions/Discussions

Check this entry at :

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• sookie
    sookie
    Hi safwan,
    Good information.

Q1: No doubts e-business is gaining many advantages over traditional way of doing business. But one drawback it has is "Transactional risk". What do you think can be done to overcome "Transactional risks" involved. I mean what can be done so that in future if any user is doing e-business then he/she is completely free of "Transactional risks" involved irrespective of how secured internet connection he/she is using.

Any more evolutions to the way of doing Business or it is going to halt at "e-business" stage only.

Q2: When e-commerce is subset of e-business only then what is the reason behind giving a new name "e-commerce" specifically. What all other related terms are used in the world of "e" ?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    hi safwan
    a short and crisp presentation:smile:

sookie
    When e-commerce is subset of e-business only then what is the reason behind giving a new name "e-commerce" specifically.
    even i had the same doubt as sookie.
    what exactly do you think is the difference between them?
    and also what do you mean by saying "E-Business has a broader meaning and E-Commerce has a narrower meaning"?
  • safwan
    safwan
    well, Firstly I thank CE and CE team to select my PPT fro this contest .

@ sooki Nice question .

Q1: No doubts e-business is gaining many advantages over traditional way of doing business. But one drawback it has is "Transactional risk". What do you think can be done to overcome "Transactional risks" involved. I mean what can be done so that in future if any user is doing e-business then he/she is completely free of "Transactional risks" involved irrespective of how secured internet connection he/she is using. 
    Answer for your above question .

To overcome transactional risks we are required to develop a secured system of transaction with the help of computer engineering . (we already have paypal) . User can insure his transaction risks by installing antivirus and surfing a secured web like amazone ( their may be fake web same as any secured and famous web ).

As new technologies are invented the mode of business is changing . Since the engineers will keep inventing new things the mode of business will also change . (Like amazon has some kind of hardware which will read e book where user are able to buy book through that device and can save it on their device )

your second Qestion .
    Q2: When e-commerce is subset of e-business only then what is the reason behind giving a new name "e-commerce" specifically. What all other related terms are used in the world of "e" ?
    For this you have to understand the both words in keeping mind the business point of view .
    Q What is commerce ?
    IN business theory commerce is generally term determining the buying and selling of goods .
    Q . What is business ?
    IN business theories ( as far as in my 11 grade they thought me is ) business is the process producing the goods and services in order to earn profit. It is economic activity. Where as commerce related to exchange or distribution of income from consumers to producers and from producers to suppliers in point of view of economics.

look sookie Business is broader term then commerce even when we joint it with it e then also it is narrower .I say e-commerce is an interaction of firm with their customers and suppliers and E-business include e-commerce and also other business related work like inventary management and accounting etc.

You asked other related term are :

e-procurement , e-bidding/e-aouction, e-communication,e-promption,e-delivary,e-trading .( I will write this in more detail if you want.:smile:

I think the main doubt has arise due to the lack of knowledge of business theory because if you are commerce student then you will take both the term as differently.

@ CIVILprince SS

By broader meaning means its bigger term and include e-commerce in it It is bigger then e-commerce . it is Scope which make difference of both.

ps; Hope Answers are satisfied. ๐Ÿ˜
  • safwan
    safwan
    @ CIVIL princes and sookie do answers satisfied you .
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    safwan
    @ silver princes and sookie do answers satisfied you .
    hey safwan
    first of all my id is CIVILPRINCESS and not silver princes ๐Ÿ˜
    and about the explanation i get what you are trying to explain.... :smile:
  • safwan
    safwan
    @CIVILPRINCIES iAM SORRY . FOR THAT .
  • vishnu priya
    vishnu priya
    Good presentation safwan!
  • safwan
    safwan
    Thanks vishnupriya .
  • Manish Goyal
    Manish Goyal
    safwan
    Where as commerce related to exchange or distribution of income from consumers to producers and from producers to suppliers in point of view of economics.

l
    hey Safan can you explain this more...What do you mean by this statement??
    It would be better if you give some example?
  • safwan
    safwan
    goyal , Actually in Commerce stream the meaning of commerce and business is different .

Commerce is composed of two components that are Trade and Auxiliaries to trade .As its easy to to find out from word trade ie. buying and selling of goods in order to earn profit. Here this components has let the word commerce to have meaning and shows distribution of goods and services.

Look , Goel ๐Ÿ˜›
    Where as commerce related to exchange or distribution of income from consumers to producers and from producers to suppliers in point of view of economics.
    by exchange or distribution of income we means that when we buy something form shop our income is transfered to shop owner in form of his services or product. Now from where this shop owner got the products he got it from his supplier now shop owner has to pay for it and hence again income is circulated.

Hop this is the answer of the your question.๐Ÿ˜
  • safwan
    safwan
    ANy qestions ??
  • justaglance
    justaglance
    Hi Safwan,

What will you think as NEXT to E-Business?
  • safwan
    safwan
    I say again . as new technology is created in same way the business will be done. its like the idea used by entrepreneurs. IN today world new new ideas are created by new entrepreneurs and techpreneurs. It depend on persons how they exploits the resources and techniques and technologies invented by science (ie.Engineers) .
  • safwan
    safwan
    Any body any question on my topic in this thread is allowed (I will give its answer as per my knowledge level)

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check this entry at : Colloquium: Nanorobotics - CrazyEngineers
Discuss this entry at : Colloquium: Orbital Space Settlements and a Solar system Wide Web - CrazyEngineers
Submitted by : CEan Shonali55 Check this entry at : Colloquium: Remote Control System in Television - CrazyEngineers
Check this entry at : Colloquium: Robotics - CrazyEngineers
Check this entry at : Colloquium: Innovations in Burglar Alarms - CrazyEngineers