Colloquium: Cryogenics - Questions/Discussions

Check this entry at :

#-Link-Snipped-#

Replies

• Kaustubh Katdare
    Kaustubh Katdare
    Hello Paritosh,

The topic is quite interesting.

Could you explain what role can an engineer play in the whole process?
  • CIVILPRINCESS
    CIVILPRINCESS
    a different presentation...:smile:

The_Big_K
    Could you explain what role can an engineer play in the whole process?
    but at the end of the presentation i had the same doubt as biggie. isn't this something to do with the medical field....?😕

and another question i had was in the slide #7 you had mentioned that using nuero suspension we can freeze only the brain.and you said "hopefully for those who have been preserved this way , technology will come up with a way to clone or regenerate the rest of the body".
    you mean that people are investing so much without any certainty that their life will be revived....?
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    mam see, yes your question is absolutely right, but this is because cryonics technology hasn't developed fully yet, scientists are still working on it.
    Even though people in cryonic suspension haven't yet been revived, living organisms can be brought back from a dead or near-dead state. Defibrillators and bring accident and heart attacks victims back from the dead on an almost daily basis. Neurosurgeons often cool patients' bodies so they can operate on enlarged blood vessels in the brain without damaging or rupturing them.

and mam sorry for the delay in reply i was busy with my exams.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    chemical engineers can play a vital role here, they can deal easily with all the things being used here like here glycerol-based chemical that is used in place of water, they know about the its behavior, how will those be behaving in different kind of conditions. this helps to have a more control on the process.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    yes,mr. admin and princess it is more of in relation with medical field but i found this topic really interesting, and i think everyone should look for these kind of things because this are not just interesting things are also helpful of knowledge sake. it shouldn't be like that if you are related to a engineering field you should grasp just those things related with core engineering.
    and mr. admin i thank you for showing interest in my presentation even if wasn't related with core engineering field,but it does bore some relationship with engineering.
  • sukhbir
    sukhbir
    good & interesting ppt
  • justaglance
    justaglance
    Hi Paritosh,

Very interesting presentation.

When heart stops it beating and brain is at stage of doing minimal functions, Is that possible to revive the patient again after some years?

Mummy - is the type of preserving the bodies. but they wont get life after.

Only if person in cyronic suspension get revived, it will be considered as new science or it is another type of preserving like mummies.
  • Paritosh222
    Paritosh222
    it should be considered as new science, it can be considered as Renaissance of a person, the way mummies are preserved is entirely different the can't be revived , only a person in cryonics have a probability of reviving because of methods being used, talking about preserving i don't think so anybody would want to spend such high stakes just in order for preservation and not for Renaissance of his/her.

You are reading an archived discussion.

Related Posts

Check this entry at : Colloquium: Wireless Charging - CrazyEngineers
Check this entry at : Colloquium: E Business - CrazyEngineers
Check this entry at : Colloquium: Nanorobotics - CrazyEngineers
Discuss this entry at : Colloquium: Orbital Space Settlements and a Solar system Wide Web - CrazyEngineers
Submitted by : CEan Shonali55 Check this entry at : Colloquium: Remote Control System in Television - CrazyEngineers